North Carolina Babies
Options

serenity now!!!!!!!!

I'm losing it--our neighbors dogs have been barking almost nonstop since 7:30pm (it is now just after 9pm).  They are barking because our neighbors aren't back from their weekend trip and they are starving.  They had a family member coming over to take care of them while they were gone but I guess told him they'd be home in time to feed the dogs dinner tonight.  Apparently not!  These people piss me off so much--so rude and inconsiderate!!!

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: serenity now!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Ugh, I'm so sorry!  That is horrible, for you guys and the dogs.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you that a for sale sign goes up there and quickly!  Have you looked into calling animal control or anything?
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

animal control is your friend.

we've called a couple times on our new neighbors, they leave their 3 dachshunds out all day and all night. they never stop barking. now they're kept in the shed out back, but still bark. i feel awful for those dogs, they aren't outdoor dogs, but now we do get a bit more peace and quiet.

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I called them--they aren't home yet.  I took a nice approach--the dogs have been parking awhile, we assume they are hungry, we'd be happy to go over a feed them.  They claim the guy came over and fed them dinner and that they are barking because they are "sensing that rain is coming."  WTF?! They are stuck in a major accident on 40 I guess--he said the chopper just left so hopefully they'll be home within about an hour.  So another hour of a sweet dog barking serenade.  I am so over dealing with this!! 

I don't think animal control or those types of places can do anything b/c they do have shelter, food, and water.  I wish there were agencies to take away irresponsible and inconsiderate pet owners. lol!  I even looked at boxer mix rescue agencies today but they'd of course have to agree to surrender them.  I've also considered offering to pay 1/2 of a debarking procedure but from what I briefly saw online I guess that is not a real solution--bad for the dog and you still hear them, it's just raspy barking.

Please let them move and new, great neighbors arrive!

Kim

• Options
    check your local ordinances, i know my city has one on excessive barking.
  • Options

imageuncharch7:

I'll have to check but I think we're screwed because we're outside city limits.  It would be if the county has an ordinance about excessive barking.

Kim

• Options
    imageflamencogal:

imageuncharch7:

I'll have to check but I think we're screwed because we're outside city limits.  It would be if the county has an ordinance about excessive barking.

that sucks. hopefully the county will have one. if all else fails, ask animal control to stop by and talk to them about excessive barking, even if it's not an ordinance. can't hurt to try!
  • Options
    score! I think I just found a wake ordinance through animal control.  I'll be calling them this week to see what kind of data I need to have collected.  This is just beyond ridiculous!!--we've been dealing with it for over 3 years not.  Ugggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kim

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"