Stay at Home Moms
Options

markers for toddlers = bad idea

DD got a set of Crayola Tadoodles markers from her aunt last Christmas.  She has some of the crayon ones that she likes to use but I've been hesitant to let her play with markers because of the mess factor. 

Today I decided to let her try using the markers on her easel.  She made a big mark with the red one, touched the wet marker with her hand, and then freaked out because her finger was all red -- just like when she had her blood drawn at her checkup last week! 

After washing DD's hands, I quietly disposed of the Tadoodles markers. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: markers for toddlers = bad idea

• Options

Aww poor thing. I find it so interesting how different kids are- gisele is ALL over markers- she loves them.

try them again in a couple of weeks- could be a totally different experience.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Depends on the kid. DD#1 was great was and is still great with markers, crayons, pencils, etc.

DD#2 ate everything in sight until around 18 months old, then I had to supervise her. I don't think she saw an actual "marker" (even the washable kind) until she went to school at almost 2.5.

DS is still eating everything at 17 months. He carries a ziploc bag (gallon sized) with crayons. He takes them out, and puts them back in. That's the extent of his "drawing" right now! LOL!

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crayola Color Wonder is my best friend.  The color only shows up on the special paper.
  • Options
    WTH is up with aunts? heh. My SIL gave my kids dry erase markers one year. And it's not like she doesn't have kids either so she should know.
  • Options

Poor baby. :(

I get washables, so I can just toss her in the tub after coloring. Maybe you should put the red one up for a bit.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

LOL.

Ben is usually pretty good with them, but he MUST be supervised.  Anytime I let him have them, I sit right next to him and if he gets up, they get taken away.  When Jordan and I were in Chicago looking at colleges, DH left Ben alone with a green marker for a minute and walked back into the playroom to Ben drawing all over the yellow area rug with it.  DH learned his lesson on that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"