Baby Names

Need middle name idea for Cerys

We finally decided on Cerys for our little girl, but we can not decide on a middle name.  Any suggestions?

Re: Need middle name idea for Cerys

• How do you pronounce her name?
  • Scout05Scout05 member

imageHeidisean:
    How do you pronounce her name?

I was just about to ask this. I read it like "series," but that's probably not right.

• Loading the player...
  • Its care-is.  Its the Welsh spelling.  I want a simple middle name to go with it.
  • imageHeidisean:
    How do you pronounce her name?

This!

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Scout05Scout05 member

Any reason not to use the Welsh spelling Carys, since that is more phonetic (not being snarky, really wondering). They both mean "love."

• imageambrandau2:

Any reason not to use the Welsh spelling Carys, since that is more phonetic (not being snarky, really wondering). They both mean "love."

I agree with this.  As a teacher, I often butcher names, but this spelling I would pronounce as intended, while with your posted spelling, I would definitely have mispronounced her name.

As for MNs... 

Carys Jane

Carys Emily

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is one of my favorite names, but DH vetoed it. I prefer the Carys spelling, but that's just me.

I like Jane, Rae, Emma, Isabel, Elizabeth, Anne, Chelsea, or Olivia as mn's.

• Shell24Shell24 member

imagemandy246:
    Its care-is.  Its the Welsh spelling.  I want a simple middle name to go with it.

No it's not.  Carys is the traditional Welsh spelling.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a pretty name, either spelling! How about Cerys Noelle, Cerys Marie, Cerys Lynn, Cerys Joy....
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've called dibs on this name in our family. Lol. I like the other spelling though (Carys). How 'bout Carys Janelle? I just like the sound of it with a longer-ish middle name. Carys Kathryn?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"