January 2011 Moms

interesting diaper commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWMY8cYPUU&feature=player_embedded

THOUGHTS??... my reaction was just... wow...that was cute but the commercial is just.... strange

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: interesting diaper commercial

• It's funny but at the same time, kind of creepy...I hate sexualizing little kids.

Like whenever I see a cute baby boy and he smiles at me the mom inevitably goes: "Oh he's flirting with you!"

I'm like, no, he's clearly not, he's 2 years old. He would be just as gaga over a 50 year old man. And then it makes me feel like a pedophile for smiling back at the baby.

• imageitsmegin:

It's funny but at the same time, kind of creepy...I hate sexualizing little kids.

Like whenever I see a cute baby boy and he smiles at me the mom inevitably goes: "Oh he's flirting with you!"

I'm like, no, he's clearly not, he's 2 years old. He would be just as gaga over a 50 year old man. And then it makes me feel like a pedophile for smiling back at the baby.

Hahaha
  • Loading the player...
  • I really don't know what to think of that commercial.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imageLittleApple:
    I really don't know what to think of that commercial.

Me either.... 

• pawcallpawcall member
    creepy is the *best* word I could think of...
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• First reaction was laughing!  Second was...er...that's weird and creepy.  I hate it when they try to make diapers or other baby gear "chic" for one thing but then I'm cheap.  I'm doing cloth diapers with cutesy designs but it's still inexpensive.  The myriad of different types of disposable diapers is silly to me, especially the boy vs girl ones.  Anyway, stepping off the soap box now.
  • Yeah that's way too much.
  • imageitsmegin:

It's funny but at the same time, kind of creepy...I hate sexualizing little kids.

Ugh, I hate this too. Why do people say that? 

My BFF and I went to lunch and she had her little girl with her. She was about 10 months old and dressed in fairly girlie clothes. The two older ladies at the booth next to us kept saying, "Oh, he's flirting with us!" Um, no. First of all, she's a girl. Second, you're two old ladies. Third, that's creepy as hell.

As far as that commercial, this was my reaction... Surprise

• I think it's way high on the creepy factor for me too....it's like the anti commercial....I would never buy this product now....
  • 1 very creepy commercial (particularly the guy on the moped who looked to be checking someone out!)

2 Stupid invention, isnt the whole point of a diaper to be so your kid doesnt deficate on his pants, not to BE the pants!!

3 wow I thought toddlers running around in public in their diapers was something that only rednecks let happen (like in my town LOL) all he's missing is a bottle full of cocacola!(ala jeff foxworthy)

• I don't care for that commercial and those diapers are ugly
  • Is this for real?  Is there really a market for "jean" diapers? wtf.
  • I saw an ad in Toys R Us for those the other day and just don't get it.  Rosa now at 2 I am trying my darndest to have people NOT see her diaper.  Back when she was 6 months yeah its ok it was summer and she was wearing a t-shirt or onesie to keep cool but past that furst summer diapers just aren't the thing you want to see on a child.  I saw that they only sold them in size 3 and 4 (per the ad) so they are really marketing them for that late 1-3 age group.
  • eh im sure its in good fun and it's not offensive to me, but just strange.  not a fan.
  • I think it's kind of hilarious that they're trying to pass off jeans as couture. wtf?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's kinda funny..the "song" at least...I don't know that they were checking him out, maybe just looking at how cool he was....you know b.c he was wearing "jeans".  I didn't think of it as sexual at all, I just thought he was a cool kid and they were all blown away by it..even the "cool" adults.

Although, kids that young don't really have a grasp of cool..but their folks do...I for one think they are ugly and plan on doing cloth diapers anyway.

• meant to add, the tag line is also

The Coolest You'll Look Pooping Your Pants

• Eh, I'm going to be the oddball out and say I thought it was hilarious.

But then again, I'm one of those moms who say "She's flirting with you!" :) 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"