Success after IF
Options

FET... beta question

I am currently 10dp5dt with a FET cycle.  I've been getting positive HPT's this past week, and my first beta was this morning.  The nurse just called with results, and told me my beta # was 94.  She said "congratulations, you're pregnant!"  I was happy to hear this, but immediately I got nervous about the number.  It seems a little low to me, especially at 10dp5dt.  I'm trying to be happy, but I'm more of an anxious wreck instead.  I'll go in on Thurs. for a 2nd beta to see if the number has doubled by then.

I meant to ask the nurse about FET betas being lower than fresh... I forgot to ask since my mind started racing on the phone.  Does anyone have any experiences with FET betas?  Is this a low number, or a decent number?  I'm trying to stay optimistic and not worry myself crazy.  

Thank you.  

Mom to Boy/Girl twins born 8/2005 (IUI+inj.) 1st IVF= failed 11/2009 (IVF) Lost identical twins 3/10 (FET #1)Early m/c 6/2010 (FET #2) Twin Boys! Born 3/21/2011 @ 36w3d

Re: FET... beta question

• Options
    smileesmilee member

My initial FET beta was actually higher than my fresh IVF beta, but the numbers rose more slowly.  

That # is great, my doctor likes to see anything over 70.  Also, all betas have to start somewhere, so don't worry to much about the initial.  As long as at continues to rise, you'll be okay!

So, I am going to echo your nurse.... congratulations! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I definitely wouldn't worry about that number being too low, you are higher then I would have been at that point. My first beta from my FET at 12dp5dt was 157 and I freaked about it being low too but all is well!

Congratulatons!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still need to reply to your e-mail but I think that's a great beta!!!  With my fresh IVF cycle my beta was 176 14dp5dt.  Congratulations, you're pregnant!

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much.... I'm going to try my best not to worry.  (Easier said than done, though!)  I think I keep comparing it to my last pregnancy when my beta was 125 at 9dp5dt, so to me this seems low.  I know I shouldn't compare.... every time is different.  

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'll know more on Thursday with beta #2.   

Mom to Boy/Girl twins born 8/2005 (IUI+inj.) 1st IVF= failed 11/2009 (IVF) Lost identical twins 3/10 (FET #1)Early m/c 6/2010 (FET #2) Twin Boys! Born 3/21/2011 @ 36w3d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"