Austin Babies
Options

what car seats will fit on an airplane seat?

I need some airplane/traveling info, por favor.  I know it's all been said before, but I missed it b/c we weren't traveling.  Now we are.  So, we have Britax Marathons, will those fit?  Or does anyone have any idea how we'd do the travel on a plane thing?  We bought 3 seats-one kid will sit in his own and one will probably sit on my lap.

Re: what car seats will fit on an airplane seat?

• Options
    Marathon fits but it can be tight depending on the plane.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would recommend not taking a carseat on the plane. Since you'll be traveling with 2 babies how will you determine who will sit in the carseat? If one is in and one is out how long do you think it will be before the other is wanting out? IMO, I would check your carseats (both free) and let the boys alternate between your laps and the empty seat. If you are worried about having one of them tethered down I would suggest the cares harness. If not, you and your husband could each hold one for take-off/landing.

DD has been on over 25 flights in her short little life. She does best when she is able to move around some. I can usually keep her occupied with snacks, books, small toys and letting her people watch. We will be investing in a portable dvd very soon to help keep her entertained.

Happy travels!

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We bought this one for the plane.  I don't know how well it will fit yet, I'll know next week.  I can tell you that I hate it for the car.  We've tried to get it rear facing in 3 different cars and we can't get it tight.  Even forward facing isn't near as tight as our Britax.  You definitely pay for what you get as far as car seats go in my book.

*I didn't think he would do well just yet with the CARES Harness.  Maybe next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"