Detroit Babies

Nursery Furniture

Does anyone have any experience with House of Bedrooms Kids?  We bought all of DD's furniture from The Baby's Room during their trimester sales.  Unfortunately, The Baby's Room is no longer open, and the only place around that carries Munire appears to be House of Bedrooms Kids.  Do they ever have sales?  Or should we expect to pay full price?

Also, if anyone has any experience buying from Mother Hubbard's Cupboards, I'd be interested in hearing about that as well.

Re: Nursery Furniture

• We tried to go to the Mother Hubbard's Cupboard outlet back in January but it had just closed when we headed out there - and by closed I mean shut down due to lack of business.  We discovered The Baby's Room no longer existed on the same day and headed out to House of Bedrooms Kids. They were having a buy one get one 1/2 off sale at that time in January (1/2 off the lower priced item's original price).  It didn't end up being enough of a deal for us, but the furniture was gorgeous.  I imagine they'll do something similar again in the future.

We ended up buying our dressers online from The Land of Nod (Crate and Barrel's kids furniture) and cribs from Babies R Us.

• We got our Munire crib there in February. The lady sales rep said if they order your furniture, during the waiting period for it to arrive if a sales arises, you will be discounted. Ours came pretty quickly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Love it!

both my kids have munire furniture. great quality and fabulous style.

Expect a waiting time though. depends if its in stock. 

• LOVED House of Bedrooms Kids!  We too got our first set at the Baby's Room.  My daughter just turned 5 and we decided to get her a new set and use the set we had for her for the new baby.  I loved the selection they have at House of Bedrooms and the furniture is all great quality.  They have so many pieces and variations that you can order to go with the set you like.  Highly Recommend!
  • Forgot to add that they do have sales.  We got our furniture on sale with no interest for 6 months and they paid sales tax.
  • I went at the end of January and they were having a fantastic 40% sale.  Their Munire line was so reasonable then.  I hadn't decided at that point so I didn't buy anything, but to answer your question yes they do have really good sales a few times a year.  The sales rep said she'd call me if the sale like that happened again. 
  • We bought ours at Art Van Furniture and LOVE it! Everyone comments on how expensive it looks and how great it is... 2 of my friends have already bought our same set in white!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"