Indiana Babies

Indy no-kill shelters?

A FB friend posted that she has to get rid of her German Sheperd mix and has been unable to find a home.  Are there any no-kill shelters on the South side of Indy?  The dog is 1.5 years old and she says she does well with kids and other pets.  She is a very energetic dog as one would probably expect from her age and breed.  They are getting rid of her because they're moving and won't have the space for her anymore (I know, I know).

If you have any suggestions I'll pass them along.  I would hate for the dog to be euthanized because she doesn't find a home.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Indy no-kill shelters?

• Look into German Shepard rescue groups...they usually can find a foster home until someone can adopt it
  • Page PUBoilerBride on the IN Nest page, she is big into rescues she may have some resources to help.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejturn:
    Look into German Shepard rescue groups...they usually can find a foster home until someone can adopt it

Ditto, definitley find a rescue group to take the dog.

BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Unfortunately, it looks like she already took her to the Humane Society today.  Poor dog. :(  I hate it when people do stuff like this to their pets.  Owning a pet is a huge responsibility you don't just dump them off because they've become inconvenient for you.  I hope she finds a forever home.
  • imageheatherchelle:
    Unfortunately, it looks like she already took her to the Humane Society today.  Poor dog. :(  I hate it when people do stuff like this to their pets.  Owning a pet is a huge responsibility you don't just dump them off because they've become inconvenient for you.  I hope she finds a forever home.

Sad  AngryCrying

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • If she took her to the Indianapolis Humane Society that is a "no kill" shelter.  I am on the board there and we DO NOT euthanize for space.  We only euthanize if the dog is too sick or injured to be humane to treat or does not pass a series of behavior tests and a breed specific rescue won't take it to try to rehab it.
    Deleted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"