Parenting after a Loss
Options

Teething help needed

I guess this is teething.  LO is miserable.  This morning she SCREAMED and screamed and wouldn't nap and kicked and screamed some more.  Eventually after some tylenol she calmed enough that I took her with me to the grocery store.  At this point we were just an hour out from company coming over.  On the way home from the store she fell asleep in the car and we were able to move her to the crib for a nap.  She took a short second nap after a mostly pleasant afternoon.  Then she changed moods suddenly and has been screaming since.  She had tylenol almost an hour ago and calmed for awhile until we put her in the crib for another nap.  Now she's having a screaming fit again.  She doesn't want to be held, doesn't want to be put down.  We've done cold washcloths, meds, teething tablets, ice cube in a food mesh thingy, teething toys.  I don't know what else to do for.  I feel so bad for her and feel helpless to making it better.  I'm getting exhausted myself and wish she'd nap so I could too.  Help!  We're frazzled! 
DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Teething help needed

• Options
    Nap didn't happen.  She screamed so much I had to go get her.  Now she's playing and cooing.  I don't get it.  She's switching moods so fast today.  From one extreme to another.  Any advice?
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have no advice. I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I hope it gets better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try motrin instead of tylenol...it has anti inflamatory action that will help more than the tylenol. When Saras first tooth cut she screamed in my arms til she passed out... thats when I figured out she wat teething and gave her the iced tetthing rings and motrin and it helped. Hope she feels better!
  • Options

imageVandy05:
    Try motrin instead of tylenol...it has anti inflamatory action that will help more than the tylenol. When Saras first tooth cut she screamed in my arms til she passed out... thats when I figured out she wat teething and gave her the iced tetthing rings and motrin and it helped. Hope she feels better!

We tried Motrin the morning and it didnt' seem to have much effect.  So we tried teeething tablets which also didn't seem to do much.  Hours later we did the tylenol and she calmed down 20 min later.  I think before bed we'll do some Motrin.  It's a guessing game I feel like. 

• Options
    Same here! He screamed so hard he puked last night. I figure it HAS to be teething. He's only been waking up at least once a night for the past 10 days which is so annoying. No teeth have poked through but I see such a clear outline of them in his gums - it's quite funny looking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"