High-Risk Pregnancy

GD-Am I crazy?

With my DD, I had diet controlled GD, but my Endocrinologist gave me insulin for use with carb counting.  With this pg, I have been on glyburide and glucophage and have had miserable reactions.  My OB is comfortable with going the insulin route, because I had no problems with it with DD.  Is it nuts that I would rather go that route now?  With the glyburide, I had freakishly low blood sugars and with glucophahge I feel like I am back in my 1st trimester with nausea and vomiting.  The glucophade drug is working, but only because I can't eat.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: GD-Am I crazy?

• I don't think you're crazy at all.  It seems to me that although insulin feels like a more extreme step, it really is just a different way to get the same effect in your body.  If it worked, and it will make you feel better, I say go for it.  A lot of doctors won't even give GD women the oral meds, so if you'd had a different doctor, you might not have even known the difference.

At this point, my belief is whatever works for you and safe for baby is the best choice.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you are crazy then so am I. I am diabetic prior to pregnancy and when pregnant with my daughter, they said I had to use insulin since one of my medications was not ok for pregnancy. Well being terrified of needles, I went on the insulin pump (to avoid the needles) prior to getting pregnant. I am also type 2 so normally did not need insulin. However, since the pump is such great control, I never went off the pump after the pregnancy. So nope you are not nuts. It is easier control. I understand that

Kristin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"