Pregnant after IF

~*~ LCB ~*~

Alex is grilling a pork shoulder and I am making homemade baked beans, a pasta salad, homemade sweet potato fries, throwing together a green salad, and then stuffing some portabella mushroom caps with spinach, seasoning, and cheeses to throw on the grill as well.

I am also baking an angel food cake to serve with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries as well as some brownies!!

Is there any chance you'd share your recipes for the baked beans, pasta salad, sweet potato fries and angel food cake?

I salivated reading your post.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ~*~ LCB ~*~

• LCB34LCB34 member

Baked beans and angel food cake are family recipes - so, those are secrets!

But, the other two are super easy!

I just use a crinkle cutter (from Pampered Chef) to cut sweet potatoes (I peel mine first) and toss them with a tiny bit of olive oil and salt.  I then bake them at 425 for 10-15 minutes (they may need to go a bit longer if they are cut thicker).

For the pasta salad, I use tri colored pasta and cook it normally.  Then I add in small pieces of broccoli, zucchini, squash, and black olives.  Sometimes I will chop red, yellow, and orange bell peppers for color.  I add in a little salt, pepper, Tony's (a cajun seasoning), and a small amount of garlic powder.  Then I add just enough Italian dressing to make it moist but not dripping.  I then add in either chunks of fresh mozzarella or grate some parmesan.  Chill it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving - it is very refreshing during the summer. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"