Northern California Babies

So I sat in church today and watched...

...a family get their fourth (FOURTH!) boy baptized!!

CF whispers to me as they are all up there going crazy (kids are about 6, 3.5, and 15ish months) "So... we are not going to 'try for a girl', right?"  and I'm like, "Right!"

It was totally cute though because they gave the 6 year old the video camera.   He was all "official" and proud.

I sing with the husband/dad of the boys... he said when the third boy was born his wife wanted a girl so bad she said, "C'mon, let's just go for it right away, try one more time..."

Of course they are thrilled to have a son, they know every child is a blessing and he will bring them so much joy- but that woman has her HANDS FULL!  Surprise

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So I sat in church today and watched...

• Wait, how old is the youngest? (I only saw 3 ages) That does seem like a LOT of work! It's cute though that the oldest was helping out =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My neighbor has 4 boys!  She amazes me!  I just know if we have #3 it will be a boy.  Busy, active boys!!!  So fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • jsugrinjsugrin member
    Exactly why we didn't "try for a girl", I knew I would sh!t myself if we had another boy and damn now that they are a tiny bit older I was soooo right!
  • DH wants a boy and we have a girl. lol

Is it simular to the no girl likes the hair she was born with thing?

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Stories like that always make me a little sad.  Sad for the "wanted a girl, got 4th boy" boy, for the mom who wanted kids she didn't get. 

Though I shouldn't talk -- my son is my ultimate gift and I really wanted a daughter.  Even while pregnant with him.  Even on the ultrasound table at almost 20 weeks, when I just knew he was a boy but wanted the tech to tell me I was wrong.  

I wouldn't trade him for a girl, no way no how.  And I'm sure that mom feels the same.  Right? 

• imagefutrkingsley:

Stories like that always make me a little sad.  Sad for the "wanted a girl, got 4th boy" boy, for the mom who wanted kids she didn't get. 

Though I shouldn't talk -- my son is my ultimate gift and I really wanted a daughter.  Even while pregnant with him.  Even on the ultrasound table at almost 20 weeks, when I just knew he was a boy but wanted the tech to tell me I was wrong.  

I wouldn't trade him for a girl, no way no how.  And I'm sure that mom feels the same.  Right? 

I totally feel this same way...  when I was pg with Alex I *knew* he was a girl, I couldn't picture myself as the mom of boys.  When they told me he was a boy I cried.  It really took me a while to come to terms with it- as silly as that sounds now.  I would NEVER trade him for any girl now!

When I found out about this one- I was almost relieved, b.c I feel like I know what to do with boys and I "get" it.  And dealing with a teenage girl seems *hard* to me!  :)

The youngest little boy was born at Easter- so he's around 8 weeks old, he got baptized today.  His brothers are 15 month, 3.5, and 6, that's my best guestimation anyway.  She for sure has 2 under 2 at the bottom there! 

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My old coworker has 5 boys and one adopted daughter so 6 kids. That women is a saint. She takes in other peoples kids too.
  • i totally wanted Orion to be a girl. I mean i was told before i knew i was pg, that the baby was a boy, and all i wanted was  a girl . Cried at the ultrasound when he spread eagle and showed the world his goods. Now i can not imagine anything more perfect than the son i have.
  • I got so excited when I found out I was having a girl and DH said "i don't know what you are so happy about. She's gonna like me better and blame you for all her problems". I have to admit, she already seems to like him better :)
  • DH's cousin has 4 boys each around 2 years apart, all born before we got married.  Visiting them made both of us absolutely certain we wanted a girl!  So I had a pretty tough time with knowing DS was a boy (which I did from the start).  As others have said, now that I have him I feel totally differently and can honestly say I'd take either one next time :)
  • My aunt has 3 sons and when I was younger I was terrified of her because she always threatened (jokingly) to kidnap me to live with her.  Hahha, I don't know if I was more terrified of her taking me or all the boys.

Funny thing is, neither of them has grown up.  They are 40, 38, 35.  Neither has been married, had a serious relationship, party really hard and 2 still live at home.  My poor aunt is waiting for a daughter in law and grandkids.  Nice thing is she has spoiled her neices and grand nieces.  She's a great seamstress and sewed some memorabilia for my wedding, Z and Z's baptizim.

• On my scrapbooking board, there's a mom with SIX boys! There's another with 5 or 6 boys, and she just gave birth again to a surprise baby... she's like 44, and her youngest boy is 5 or 6... she got a girl!
  • I am one of four girls.  My mom won't admit it, but I know they kept trying for a boy!  I couldn't possibly imagine life without them though--there is something really cool to be said about same sex siblings!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Man you guys are discouraging me to try for another boy......LOL  But I don't think DH can handle a 4th girl either!
  • That's a boat load of work! And money!

And that's why I'm pretty sure we're done at two:) 

• DH is one of 5 boys...they kept trying for a girl, and it never happened.

• I figure you can only try right lol.. but I guess you just have to be in the mindset that if it's not the sex you were wishing for you, you have to be ok with getting what you get.

That being said, we have always wanted more than 2 kids. It started out with wanting 4 and now we are set at 3. So we'll try for a boy next time around, but if not another sister to the pack wouldn't be bad. 

• When I was little, I wanted to grow up and have 4 daughters so they could be like the March girls in Little Women. But, I also wanted twin boys because I thought they would be so cute.... So I guess I wanted 6 kids?! Geez...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"