Attachment Parenting
Options

So today my 70yr old dad said...

"You simply cannot spoil a baby."

Mum and I were talking about spoiling children, although more in the context of buying stuff for older children, when dad suddenly butted in with the statement above.

Knowing that Mum and dad did CIO with my older brother and possibly us younger ones, I was just really surprised to hear this come out of his mouth.

But also, of course, really pleased. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: So today my 70yr old dad said...

• Options
    Way to go dad!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use to catch SO much heat from my inlaws for doing the attachment parenting thing! They would say you are just spoiling that child you! He wants his mother to much! Wont go to anyone else! I would tell them my baby will only be a baby for a little while and before i know it he wont want his mommy anymore! I would take full advantage of that stage!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKateLouise:

"You simply cannot spoil a baby."

Mum and I were talking about spoiling children, although more in the context of buying stuff for older children, when dad suddenly butted in with the statement above.

Knowing that Mum and dad did CIO with my older brother and possibly us younger ones, I was just really surprised to hear this come out of his mouth.

But also, of course, really pleased. 

That's so awesome.  My parents weren't super AP with us, but now as they've become grandparents they're falling very much into the "can't spoil them with love" camp.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"