Baby Names

Back with more names. Tell me your thoughts!

My husband really likes Lylah. Just fyi, he came up with this spelling, so please, no flaming over that. 

Lylah Charlotte C.

Lylah Claire C.

Lylah Belle C.

Lylah Riley C.

Lylah Avery C.

Lylah Cameron C.

Lylah Violet C.

Lylah Magnolia C.

Lylah Adeline C.

Lylah Haven C.

Lylah Blake C.

Lylah Cade C.

Re: Back with more names. Tell me your thoughts!

• I really dislike Lylah, I think Lilah would be so much prettier.
    But that aside, my fave mns are Charlotte and Claire.
  • While the spelling is nms, the name is pretty.  I like it with Charlotte and Claire.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like Lylah at all.  Lila is a great name but spelled like that.  I wouldn't use it if my only option was to spell it incorrectly. 

Of the middle names, I like Lila Violet, Lila Adeline, Lila Charlotte and Lila Claire.  Don't like a beautiful name like Lila with a boy name like Blake or Cameron at all.  

• I know you said no flames over the spelling, but ugh, it's BAD!

Beautiful name, though!

I like Charlotte and Claire.

• I'm definitely not married to the spelling of it.  Keep the opinions coming!
  • imageCushyBaby:
    I'm definitely not married to the spelling of it.  Keep the opinions coming!

If thats the case PLEASE get DH to reconsider!!  The traditional spelling is beautiful-use that!!

• I like Charlotte or Claire.

I agree with pp about it not sounding good at all when it is paired with a boy name (Cameron, Blake, Cade, Riley).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • yaleyale member
    I like some of your middle names better - actually, Claire is my favorite on this list.
  • I also like Lila spelled the traditional way.  For middle name, my faves are Lila Claire, Lila Adeline, and Charlotte is nice, too.
  • I don't mind the spelling.  It;s your baby.  I think Lylah Belle flows the best, but it sounds like a double first name.  That said, Lylah Claire is my favorite.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • imageCushyBaby:

Lylah Claire C.

Lylah Belle C.

Lylah Adeline C.

• Lylah Belle is prettiest to me!
  • I really like the way Lila Belle sounds.  It flows beautifully.

• I like most of the options here.  I don't like: Cameron, Magnolia, Haven, Blake, Cade.

And please consider explaining to your husband that your daughter will constantly be having to spell her name for everyone, and that Lila is a beautiful name without a unique spelling.

Good luck!

Photobucket Anniversary
  • I won't flame you over the spelling, but please consider spelling it Lila or Lilah... please.

That said, I like Charlotte and Claire the best.   

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejamilynn9:
    I don't mind the spelling.  It;s your baby.  I think Lylah Belle flows the best, but it sounds like a double first name.  That said, Lylah Claire is my favorite.

This exactly!

• Lila is way better, tell your hubby so!  Also, Lila Violet/Lila Riley is WAY too much hard 'i' sound going on.

I like the sound of Lila Charlotte

• The first name is NMS regardless of the spelling, but I do like Violet, Claire and Charlotte.

Lylah Claire is my favorite 

• I like Claire.
  • I like Lila (spelled that way) Claire, or Lila Charlotte.

Honestly, I wouldn't use this first name at all if the only choice was to spell it Lylah -- Lila is so much prettier.

• I like Lilah Magnolia
  • imagejamilynn9:
    I don't mind the spelling.  It;s your baby.  I think Lylah Belle flows the best, but it sounds like a double first name.  That said, Lylah Claire is my favorite.

Totally agree!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• I can't get past the giant pink font.
  • Of those I like Lylah Claire and Lylah Charlotte the best. I think Lylah Avery and Lylah Belle are cute too.
  • I honestly can't get passed the butchering of Lylah to pick another name. Please beg him to spell it the right way. I love the name Lila.

Lila Charlotte or Lila Claire would be nice. Not Violet though. I always read violent when I see Violet. Not a name you want for a cute little girl! :)

• I like the middle names: Adeline, Claire, Charlotte.
  • I like Lylah Claire - very pretty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • I love the name Lylah. . . but that is because it's my dogs name. . . she is Delylah Belle and we call her Lylah, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone else use this spelling. If you like it then go for it.

I like Lylah Grace!

• I like Lylah Claire the best.
  • Well, the spelling is awful so hopefully you can get him to change his mind. If not, I'd pick a different name altogether, because Lylah is just terrible. As for the middle names, I like:

Claire and Charlotte best. I also like Avery and Violet, but I don't think those sound good with Lila (or Lylah...) 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I like all of those choices except for Belle, Riley, Cameron, and Blake,  I am sooooo sick of hearing the name Riley.  It was cute maybe the first 100 times I heard it but I am so over that name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only 2 I like at all are Lylah Charlotte and Lylah Claire.  If you can't talk him in to Lilah can you talk him into Lyla? I like it even better without the silent h. 
  • I like Charlotte and Claire.  Belle is cute, but might be a bit too "cutesy".  Adeline is nice too. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"