Baby Names

Dagny

How do you feel about this name for a girl?[Poll]

Re: Dagny

• Dislike... reminds me of a pet name
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're doing it for the literary reason I think you're doing it, then I like it.
  • I think I really like it.
  • I was mostly just curious to see what ppl would think of it. I'm not surprised that it's mostly disliked. And, yes, it would be for the literary reason ;) Just thought that it was unusual, has character and carries some meaning (for those who know where it came from.)
  • Even with the literary meaning, I still don't like it.  It reminds me of a sandwich or something.
  • imageerinlovesdavid:
    Even with the literary meaning, I still don't like it.  It reminds me of a sandwich or something.

Lol. That's hilarious. I guess something similar could be said for the name Ruben?
  • JillAlyJillAly member

I went to camp with a girl named Dagny.  She had a really hard time with kids making fun of her name - but she was a tough girl- I don't know if it was because she got ridiculed a lot. 

I really like the name now but I can't forget what a hard time she had because it was so different.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• One of the most famous characters in literature and one of my heroes! I sometimes use this as my online user name.
  • OMG I actually have Dagny on my list of girl names - I love it!!

I looked up the name and it has never really been popular except for back in like 1902.  

I say go for it, it's definitely original :)

• Seriously, where are you finding these names??  They are brutal!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"