North Dakota Babies
Options

Blacked out at work this morning...

and my boss (aka my MIL) borught me home from work after the EMS people left. I was working in the store, and called MIL to the cash register because I knew what was about to happen - I did this once before about a year ago, so prior to being PG. I told her I needed to sit down, and tried to walk away from the cash register but didn't quite make it. I hit my knee on the front window of our store as I made my way to the ground, but it's fine. MIL tried to get me to talk, but it took a minute before I could see and talk again. A customer called 911, got an ambulance out there, and I was telling them I was fine at that point. The EMS got there and sat me up in a chair. My blood pressure was 110/50, my pulse was good, and my blood sugar was 96. I was just concerned with drinking something because I was so thirsty. The EMS guy wants me to talk to my doctor about it and have her check my blood sugar, especially now that I'm pregnant. I tried to stop taking the phenergan my doctor gave me to curb the morning sickness (or dinner or bedtime sickness) because I was tired of being exhausted, but decided this morning to take it. I was waiting to eat much until that kicked in, so I just at a doughnut stick as I walked out the door to keep a headache away. I've eaten since I've been home, but DH is freaking out because that's just what he does. I feel fine now, just a little shaky.

Re: Blacked out at work this morning...

• Options

I know how scary it is to black out or faint.  As much as everyone says it, it's so important to drink plenty of water and always eat something.  I hope you're feeling better!

• Options
    MissMexMissMex member
    Ditto what Natalee said. Even if you're gonna puke it up, drink H20. Ask your OB about pedialite too. 

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is scary! Ditto PP, be sure to eat and drink. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Wow that is scary!  Like pp's said take care of yourself and drink lots of water. I hope you feel better soon.
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options
    Lisa7Lisa7 member
    Wow, glad to hear that you are OK. Hope you are feeling better
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Glad to hear you're ok.  I'm surprised the EMT suggested having your glucose checked when it was obviously fine when they checked it.  Yet your blood pressure was on the lower side.  Obviously mention it to your OB and see what they had to say.  Sounds like you may have been a touch dehydrated, which when you're pregnant, doesn't take much especially if it's been warm outside.  Also if you have any history of varicose veins, you're more likely to have problems with fainting.  I have to wear compression stockings every day because of the varicose veins I had before pregnancy.  The few days I didn't (early early on in pregnancy) I felt very very unstable and spent most of those days with my legs propped up.  So I would ask about that also if everything else turns out to be ok.  GL and feel better soon!

• Options
    How scary! Glad you're ok & feeling better.
  • Options
    I take phenergan but only at night since it knocks me out. I am sure that was really scary. Hope you feel better and get plenty of food/water in you if you can.
  • Options
    How scary! I hope you're feeling better, take care of yourself.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I hope you feel better soon! A similar thing happened to my sister and it was her blood pressure that made her pass out, it was very low when she came to, but by the time the EMS showed up it was back to normal (she used to work in healthcare). I think she was dehydrated too.  
    ~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That happened to me in my 1st tri as well. Low blood pressure. Hope you feel better.
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"