Baby Names

Baby Name Blunder (Clicky Poll).

I posted this (without the clicky poll) on the 2nd tri board... but... I wanted to see what you gals thought!

So, I am IN LOVE... let me repeat... IN LOVE with the name Carter Seth.  But.  I just learned that DH has an ex girlfriend (that he only dated for a few months... nothing serious)... and Carter is her last name.

I don't know her.  At all.

Would it be stupid to not name our son Carter because of some girl I don't even know, or weird to name him that? 

[Poll]

Re: Baby Name Blunder (Clicky Poll).

• I would only have to think about it if it bothered your husband. If not, go for it! Nice name =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehonkytonk_kid:
    I would only have to think about it if it bothered your husband. If not, go for it! Nice name =)
    Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree. I really like the name, but what does your H think about it?
  • imagelake919:

I posted this (without the clicky poll) on the 2nd tri board... but... I wanted to see what you gals thought!

So, I am IN LOVE... let me repeat... IN LOVE with the name Carter Seth.  But.  I just learned that DH has an ex girlfriend (that he only dated for a few months... nothing serious)... and Carter is her last name.

I don't know her.  At all.

Would it be stupid to not name our son Carter because of some girl I don't even know, or weird to name him that? 

That is completely silly! Who cares? 

Me: 30 DH: 30
    DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
    BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
    BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
    *our 3rd and our last*
    Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15
  • I think it matters if he slept with her or not.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • pawcallpawcall member
    Assuming it doesn't bother your husband, who cares?
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Overthinking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If u love it and DH doesn't care, use it for sure.
    BFP- 08/10/07 M/C- 08/31/07 7wks 6 days BFP- 8/13/10 Audrey 4/26/11 BFP- 10/20/12 M/C- 10/24/12 4wks 2 days
  • Carter is a common last name.  I think it's fine, unless DH has a problem with it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like the name.  And I would not care at all if it was her last name... So what? I would be curious as to what your DH thinks though and if it would bother him.  That would be my deciding factor.
  • You said it was nothing serious and it was for a short time, so I don 't really see much wrong with it.  I have had to decline a few names my husband picked out because they were last names of bfs that I had for a few years, and I think my family would notice and find it weird.

Do whatever you feel like but I wouldn't want to think of one of my or my husbands exs when I said the name.  But if you are comfortable and your husband is, I wouldn't worry. :)

• Ask DH how he feels about it.  If it doesn't bother him, I'd go for it.  If it doesn't bother him, but it's bothering you... what about Seth Carter?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"