Baby Names

Horrible spelling! :(

A friend of mine of Facebook just announced what they are naming their baby boy.....drumroll please....

Awstin Jefree!!

WTH! Why can't they stick with Austin Jeffrey???

That poor baby Tongue Tied

Re: Horrible spelling! :(

• I hate when people ruin perfectly good names like that. 
  • Could they possibly be joking?  That's probably one of the worst I've ever seen. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I wish!! She posted pictures of their nursery and his name is hung over his crib No
  • ::shudder::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL that is pretty ridculous! Are they serious?
  • NoNoNo How incredibly ridiculous!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • aaaaaaaaah yeah thats pretty bad i hope they are playing. There are some names you can get away with spelling slightly different but that is not one of them
  • Ick!

I would un-friend her over that one.

• Poor kid.  Everyone is going to think his parents are a couple of idiots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's awful! I actually like the name, if they were spelled correctly!
  • I seriously think I would have to say something... poor awstin!! lol.

• WTF??? These people should not be allowed to breed, seriously.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • why?  why?  why?  I'd rather someone name their kid Jupiter Moon Beam but spell it properly than saddle them with Awstin Jefree or whatever it was.  Wouldn't you rather shrug and say "yah, my parents are hippies" than shrug and say "yah, my parents are illiterate".
  • That's terrible. What goes through people's head?!
  • Woah...if you're friends with her, could you say something? I definitely would try...
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Wow.  How close are you to these people?  Can you be brutally honest with them?   I'd even throw in some "WTF were you thinking?" type language in that conversation.
  • She's one of my co workers...so I called her today. I even offered to redo the letters of his name for his nursery that they already put up. She wasn't happy with what I had to say, but seriously poor kid I didnt care!! She said that both of their parents have told them that they should really reconsider the spelling. I think I will bug her about it again at work tomorrow!! Maybe there's still HOPE!
  • Interesting.  So rather than jumping on the dogpile, I would suggest that you be very supportive of her feelings, but point-blank ask her WHY she felt compelled to do such a strange spelling.   Make her do the talking.  Maybe hearing her lame rationale come out of her own mouth might knock some sense into her stupid head.

• BOOOOOOOOO
    BFP- 08/10/07 M/C- 08/31/07 7wks 6 days BFP- 8/13/10 Audrey 4/26/11 BFP- 10/20/12 M/C- 10/24/12 4wks 2 days
  • Her reason was that they wanted a "different spelling" since they are both common names.
  • Looks like a 5 yr old tried to spell it. I hope she changes her mind.
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• oh no, and that could have been so nice!
  • imageBrookie-Cookie:
    why?  why?  why?  I'd rather someone name their kid Jupiter Moon Beam but spell it properly than saddle them with Awstin Jefree or whatever it was.  Wouldn't you rather shrug and say "yah, my parents are hippies" than shrug and say "yah, my parents are illiterate".

Yes

• imageBrookie-Cookie:
    why?  why?  why?  I'd rather someone name their kid Jupiter Moon Beam but spell it properly than saddle them with Awstin Jefree or whatever it was.  Wouldn't you rather shrug and say "yah, my parents are hippies" than shrug and say "yah, my parents are illiterate".

Yes Seriously.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageericaandsy:
    Her reason was that they wanted a "different spelling" since they are both common names.

Wow, it's still pronounced the same way, so spelling it different isn't going to help.

• imageericaandsy:

A friend of mine of Facebook just announced what they are naming their baby boy.....drumroll please....

Awstin Jefree!!

WTH! Why can't they stick with Austin Jeffrey???

That poor baby Tongue Tied

I would unfriend them.  

• Yuck why do they have to mess up a perfectly good name? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"