Missouri Babies

Car Seat doesn't fit in SUV?!

My husband finally installed the base and car seat last night in our SUV.  I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the car seat DOESN'T FIT unless both seats are all the way up...how in the world this is possible, I don't know.  Granted, we haven't gone to get it inspected yet, but was wondering if anyone else with a Jeep has had this problem?  Maybe we're not installing it correctly?

Re: Car Seat doesn't fit in SUV?!

• I have a Jeep Liberty...so even smaller than yours...and ours fits in the center without needing to move either of the front seats forward.  Have you tried that yet?  Not sure about the cherokee, but our owners manual says you can still use the LATCH or seatbelt installation in the center position.

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • We have a Subaru Forrester and our infant carriers did not fit in there. We had the Chicco Key Fit 30 seats and they are slightly larger then some of the other seats out there, but it was still shoking when we found out that they didn't fit either. Luckily, they fit just fine though in my old Chevy Cavalier, but it was not the best far for trips with twins.
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hmmm - that is interesting yours fit!  We do have it in the middle, and it fits fine when the handle is up, but when we move it down to the "driving" position, it doesn't fit between the 2 seats.  We must have a big carseat!  CRAP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"