Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

So I wasn't planning on PT yet.. but apparently

DD had a different idea!

This morning she saw me going pee and she asked me to go potty. So I put her on and she peed.

Again a couple hours later. Then again before nap. 

I didn't have to change her diaper. It was dry.

After nap I asked her to tell me if she had to pee. She shouted NOOOOOOOOOOO and then 30 seconds later asked me to use the potty and peed again.

She refused to poop on the potty and my ILs babysat tonight and she didn't use the potty w/ them at all.

Now I don't know if I should start PT tomorrow even though we're spending the afternoon at my ILs, or if I should wait until we have a couple days w/ nothing planned and start a 3day PT thing then..?

It's a good thing there just happens to be a million 3day PT posts on this board lately... I was just starting to think about when we'll start (soonish) and it looks like I'm getting a little push w/ that ;)

CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: So I wasn't planning on PT yet.. but apparently

• Options
    my ds is about the same age as your DD and he is definately ready. We are on day 2 of the training. he is still sleeping and i put him in a pull up last night and i felt it this morning and its still dry. he seemed so excited to throw out the diapers yesterday and to be a big boy. we spent 15 minuntes last night calling family and bragging about how he went pee and poop in the potty and would have gone on if he had not have fallen and hit his head real hard... but yeah, your dd sounds ready. good luck!
  • Options

Ru did the same thing.  I was going to wait till the summer, and pick a week that we had nothing on. Instead, she decided 2 weeks ago that she would never wear a diaper again (I quote 'Ruari no diaper mommy').  So, I out her in undies, et voila!  To start with she had about an accident a day, and when she went to my parents' place she had a few accidents because she was too busy to remember to pee.  I'm now just really careful when she gets playing or busy , I just take her and plunk her on the potty when I think it's been long enough.  Yesterday my ILs were over and she was having a blast outside.  I asked her a few times, but was always told no, so I finally just picked her up and took her in, and she peed (sometimes mommy does know best).  I also bought a fold up seat for when we're out.  It came in super handy at the library because I had the baby in my arms, and Ru would have fallen into the toilet without it =)

I haven't read much on the 3 day PT thing.  I was going to use that if we came down to the wire with PT, but that didn't happen.  What about just going with the flow with her?  I will admit that it's a bit of a PITA trying to get out of the house etc, and I usually put her in a cloth 'pull up' when we're out (I use Kushies...they are good because they don't leak, but they still feel wet).

On a funny note,  we went to visit my mom at her work (she works at the University) and Ruari was so excited to pee on the potty at Nanny's work.  It was pretty funny!

GL!  Like you, I was reluctant, but I didn't want to miss that window.  I think that you should try it out, and don't put too much pressure on it.  If she has a good day without an accident, great, but it doesn't have to happen in 3 days =) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Im in the same boat! This is my first post in a looong time! Funny how you come back to thenest when you need advice in parenting?!? lol

My DD just turned 2 May 7th, my mom and I bought her a potty. :D

She knows what its for and has been showing signs of readiness for a while, but Im a teacher and still working. Waiting to commit to PTing when school lets out for the summer in June.

BUT... last week after her bath she was drinking her milk cup and DH decided, why not stick her on and see if she goes pee? So I did, I pulled down her diaper and said " sit down on the potty and go pee" she sat, relaxed, talked to me a bit, then went pee. She looked down between her legs, and said "YAY I did it!" I clapped and praised her, then handed her toilet paper and said "now wipe yourself" she did and even threw it into the little potty! haha

My DD is VERY verbal and communicates well, so I think that will help me. Dry after naps too. But I think its the distraction of playtime and going out that will cause accidents. Its easy to sit them on the pot and tell them to go, but I want her to recognize the feeling of needing to go as well. So that shes trained, not so Im "trained" to take her to the bathroom.

AHH Potty training... SUCH JOY!!!

GL!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Mrs. Fitzsimons on 4/21/07.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"