Multiples

MoMs with a toddler. Question regarding preschool

I cannot stop thinking about this.  Help please.  Logistically speaking, how do I carry two babies in two pumpkin seats into the preschool to walk DS back to his classroom?
Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

Re: MoMs with a toddler. Question regarding preschool

• I will walk DS to preschool with the twins- everyone in the Valco Trimode with toddler seat.  When my son is older, like 3, I'll use my City Select stroller with a riding board.  We don't drive, thankfully, so we avoid having to get everyone in and out of carseats but you should be able to stroll everyone around in something that fits all three, barring steps, of course.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekimi_brighteyes:
    Stroller?

Yeah, I thought of that first exept that the stroller would barely fit down the width of the hallway and with all the foot traffic at drop-off time in the morning, I do not think this would work at all.

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• imagekimi_brighteyes:
    Stroller?

My boys were a little older, but we used the Duoglider, a tandem stroller and never had any issues.  Do you or can you get a double snap n go?  It will make your life a lot easier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JR goes to preschool in a church basement (but not drabby, it's very open and lots of windows).  There's a glass door down there, there's one extra spot.  When it was cold out I would just drive down to that spot and the teachers would meet JR at the door (he doesn't have to walk through a hall or anything, the door to the outside is in the classroom.  When it was warmer out, I'd park at the top (where everyone else is supposed to park), load everyone up in the stroller and walk him down to the door. 
  • I've been thinking about this too...  It's too short of a walk to use a stroller.. so I am planning on just getting one of those backpack leash things for DD and then will carry the babies in their seats (one in each arm) and have a hold of DD.  What will I do once they aren't in the buckets??  I have no idea!
  • I chose my oldest daughter's preschool with one thing in mind: the drop-off process. They have a drive-up service where cars wait in line and a teacher comes up to the car to retrieve each child and bring them to their classroom. In a word: awesome!! I would not have been able to do it otherwise!! Getting everyone (including dd#2) out of the car and back in twice a day for a 3 hour class would not have been worth it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

• ougrad1ougrad1 member

imagekimi_brighteyes:
    Stroller?

This is the only way I see it being done and everyone getting safely inside.

• This is why I LOVE the fact that my son's preschool has curbside drop off/pick up ; )  All the parents just line up in their cars and the teachers take the kids out of their carseats and put them back in.  I think it actually makes their job much more organized because they can control the flow into the rooms.  It also prevents congestion in the locker area where kids are putting coats, etc. away.

ETA: Sfshawna - Another way we're alike!! ; )

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • i take them into daycare with a stroller (city select) - tandem works much better than a SBS when going into daycare for us.
  • In the beginning- when are they due? - you can get a Moby Wrap- I wore both twins in one for 3 months.  Nice thing is it will limit the curious paws and germ-breathing on them!  Now when I need to go somewhere that isn't doub;e stroller friendly, I usually put one in a sling and push the other in an umbrella stroller. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"