Multiples

When could you tell the difference?

When could you tell the difference between which twin was moving or kicking?  I know the positions of each, but the kicks are still in the middle and I have no idea which I am feeling.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: When could you tell the difference?

• About 24 weeks.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I keep thinking I know which baby is which.  However, every time we go in for an ultrasound (every 2 weeks) they have changed position and I was totally wrong.  So as long as I feel movements in the 4 different quadrants of my belly I feel somewhat reassured.  Kick counts for twins is almost pointless.
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • I could start telling when I knew how they were positioned - baby a was low and left, baby b was high and right, so when I felt kicks on the outer sides of my belly, I knew who it was... but in the middle, I was clueless.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I could never tell when I got kicks in the middle. It wasn't until DS was breech on the right and DD was head down on the left that I could tell who was who. But even then I had a several times that I thought I was feeling DS on middle/right side and went to L&D because I hadn't felt DD. Come to find out, she had pushed him further over to the right and back and I was actually feeling her since she was in the middle.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I could never tell if they were right in the middle. Baby A was always on the right and B on the left so if movement was more on the side I could tell.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Honestly, I still can't tell. When it is on the sides I am pretty sure who it is, but I feel most of the movement in the middle and I have no idea who it is. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ougrad1ougrad1 member
    Both of mine are transverse.  Hudson is on top under my ribs and Landry is on bottom so, I'm assuming that when I feel the kicks up high it's my little boy and the really low ones are my little girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's hard to know who is who and it does get more separated towards the end.  There are still kicks in the middle and I don't know which one it is... but it seems that baby A is a lot more active than his brother.  Of course, baby B could just be kicking A and not me.  :)
  • I couldn't ever really tell the difference.

• I don't know if I ever really could tell.  I'd think I could and then at the next u/s I would ask where each baby was and I would be surprised.  Also, when I started getting my NST's done I would think A was kicking but realize it was B etc. so I honestly had a hard time telling. 
  • Around 23 weeks, my last u/s baby B was breach, I know he still is cause his kicks are down low, and on the other side, baby A is head down with kicks at the top of my belly, close to the middle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"