Trouble TTC

SA ?

My DH is having his SA with our first IUI.  How quickly will we know the results of the SA?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SA ?

• We had ours within a week.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• They do the SA very quickly within the sample being provided...so you should be able to find out within a day.  In terms of them processing everything to get you the info--that will depend on your doc!  Smile  We had our results within 24 hours.
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DH did his on Friday, and the doc called on Wednesday.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Depends on if the RE has a lab of his own to use.  DH's first SA was done at the hospital and results were reported to my OB/GYN within a week.  When we went to the RE, DH gave his sample and we had results within an hour.
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • For a straight SA, our RE has results the next day.  For an IUI, we always get the results during the IUI itself, but that is not a full SA - just count and motility.

That said, it depends on the doc.  I would ask when you can expect them.

• Thanks ladies.  Our RE has their own lab so it looks like we will have a lot of info for the IUI and the rest shortly after (maybe the next day).  DH is a little nervous!
  • Is he getting a take up cup to collect the sample or is he doing it there? If he has to do it there i bet hes nervous! DH had to provide two samples. The first he did at the lab, and the second he brought home. Kudos for the men that do it at the office.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • imagemorgs8384:
    Is he getting a take up cup to collect the sample or is he doing it there? If he has to do it there i bet hes nervous! DH had to provide two samples. The first he did at the lab, and the second he brought home. Kudos for the men that do it at the office.

He wanted to collect at home but it didn't work with his work schedule as well. So he will collect at the lab.Tongue Tied  We will see!

• MisNMisN member
    MH has had two done.  One at a public lab which took 48hours and came back normal.  The RE recommeded having our clinic's private lab repeat it just to be sure which apparently does a much better job at morphology.  Those results took 10 days.
  • imagescherpha:

imagemorgs8384:
    Is he getting a take up cup to collect the sample or is he doing it there? If he has to do it there i bet hes nervous! DH had to provide two samples. The first he did at the lab, and the second he brought home. Kudos for the men that do it at the office.

He wanted to collect at home but it didn't work with his work schedule as well. So he will collect at the lab.Tongue Tied  We will see!

Im sure he will be fine. I couldn't help but chuckle when DH called to tell me about his "experience at the lab". 

Me - "so how did it go hunny"

DH- "they put me in a room with nothing but a vibrating chair and some dirty magazines"

priceless!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • DH dropped off the boys at 7:15 am and we had the results by 4:00...but the RE's office has their own androgolgy (sp) dept/lab.
  • My DH did an SA when we started with our RE a couple of months ago and those results took about 5 days.

We did an IUI this morning.  We had to drop off his sample at 7 am for a 9 am IUI where they told me the count and motility right then.

• katib77katib77 member
    We dropped DH's SA off at RE's on Friday morning where they do the count and motility but they send the slides off to a differant lab for the morph.  Because of the holiday that won't be done until Tuesday.  Since the script was from my OB (we have yet to start seeing the RE) the labs have to then send the results to the RE who reviews them and then sends them to the OB so they said if we don't hear by Friday to call then.  Seems like forever!  But DH was nervous and now he's like "it was no big deal".  I think if we had to do it again it would be much easier on him because he won't be as nervous.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"