Parenting
Options

How often do you go through toothpaste?

I realize this is very minor but since times are tight, I resorted to buying the $.89 Aim toothpaste.  I used to buy us the Arm and Hammer.  THe A&H is like $4.  BUT we go through this toothpaste crazy fast.  It's the same size but I swear I'm replacing the tube every other week whereas before I'm pretty sure it was maybe once a month.  I don't really know know how often I put out a new thing of toothpaste but I really dont' think it was this often.

Does this make any sense?

Re: How often do you go through toothpaste?

• Options

you are gonna think we are nuts but we have 4 different kinds of toothpaste in hour house so we are not replacing it as often as say just 1 kind.  Nobody likes the same kind in this family.

Mark your calendar the day you open up a brand new tube or mark it on the tube itself to see how long it last.

Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I buy the kids the Colgate for Kids.  I'm just talking about for Patrick and me.  I didn't think we needed $4 toothpaste.  I don't know how often we went through the A&H but I do know it was not as often as the cheap sh*t.

I'll mark it for sure - I'm about to put out a new tube.

• Options
    imagekittycarr:

I realize this is very minor but since times are tight, I resorted to buying the $.89 Aim toothpaste.  I used to buy us the Arm and Hammer.  THe A&H is like $4.  BUT we go through this toothpaste crazy fast.  It's the same size but I swear I'm replacing the tube every other week whereas before I'm pretty sure it was maybe once a month.  I don't really know know how often I put out a new thing of toothpaste but I really dont' think it was this often.

Does this make any sense?

Even replacing it every other week, you're saving money ($1.80ish vs $4). But, with that said, DS has his own toothpaste and DH and I have our own (we both like different kinds), so I couldn't tell you how often we have to buy new.

Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Options
    We each have our own kind of toothpaste. DH uses any regular brand. I used Colgate sensitive, and DD uses whatever we end up buying for kids stuff. It takes us months to go through a tube. I guess if we were all sharing that might average 1 tube/month.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    I can never explain myself right the first time.  I don't knwo why.  What I'm saying is that we seem to go through the cheap stuff way faster than the expensive stuff so I could be spending more when I think I'm saving. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"