Austin Babies
Options

what room is your medicine kept?

We have always kept our first aid/medicines, etc in the guest bathroom linen closet but since we're moving we have a of different options- boys bathroom, guest bathroom, hall linen closet.  Just wondering what the norm is.
Jacob David (01/07), Matthew Isaac (12/08) & Kasey Elise (9/10)
WEB

Re: what room is your medicine kept?

• Options
    We have an upper cabinet in the toilet room of the master bath.  I keep it there and it has magnetic tot locks on it with the key kept in another room.
  • Options
    In a cabinet in our kitchen.  He won't be able to reach there until he's plenty old enough! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKristen0709:
    In a cabinet in our kitchen.  He won't be able to reach there until he's plenty old enough! :)
    ditto on this!
    <3 Mommy to Markhas Aiden 10-4-06 Born at 29 weeks & Spontaneous Twins, Mackayla Grace and Braylon Deion 3-12-10 Born at 36 weeks 1 day <3 <a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/sejabernathy/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg" target="_blank">PhotobucketMY B.L.O.G. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa> Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Kitchen.  They are way up high, but Colton can still get to them if he drags a bar stool over.  I only keep the vitamins out where he could get them on his own, all other meds are in a tackle box type box in that same area.  That's just where some of them are though, the rest are in our bedroom in a locked (tot lock) cabinet.  Eventually I'd like to go through them and make them all safer than they already are.  My brother got into a whole thing of flinstone vitamins when he was young and had to have his stomach pumped.  With the vitamins, I let Colton dispense them himself, but always supervise him only getting one of each, that way, I feel he is less likely to take a whole bunch on his own at once if he ever was tempted to do so.
  • Options
    mcurbanmcurban member

Kitchen, in the upper cabinet.

They say that you shouldn't keep it in the bathroom due to the humidity breaking down the meds and seeing as I take super hot showers, it wouldn't work in our house.

• Options
    imagemcurban:

They say that you shouldn't keep it in the bathroom due to the humidity breaking down the meds and seeing as I take super hot showers, it wouldn't work in our house.

I had never heard this.  I wonder how ours hold up in the seperate room.  I wonder how meds in SE TX, where I am from and the humidity is usually in the 90% range, fare.
    Maybe I will spend some time tomorrow moving ours.
  • Options
    In a basket on the top shelf of a tall towel cabinet. 
  • Options

imageKristen0709:

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I'll be the first to admit I have them all over the damn house. Bathrooms in the "medicine cabinet", in baskets in linen closets, in a box in the kitchen, in my purse, in the diaperbag, in my little going out without the kids bag.

Personally I don't worry much about the humidity since they are sealed. I guess if you keep your drugs open or outside of their original packaging that would be one thing.

I do really need to do the safe thing and put it under lock and key in ONE place. But I hate running upstairs just for an Advil. I take a lot of OTC meds on a regular basis in addition to supplements and prescriptions. Maybe an upstairs and downstairs stash. How or where to fit it all... hmmm...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

The kids meds are in the linen closet upstairs on the top shelf with a lock on the door.  DH's meds are on the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet.  Mine are in our bathroom which has a kiddie lock on it under my sink.

• Options
    EmerEmer member
    imagemcurban:

Ditto.

• Options
    Master bathroom linen closet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mcgeemcgee member
    We keep a few things in our bathroom, and everything else is in plastic boxes on a high shelf in our pantry - one for me, one for Mike, one for the kids.
  • Options
    Like Taytee...we have them all over.  Some are in our bathroom above the toilet (in the closet); some are in a cabinet above the kitchen counter; I have some in his school bag and in my diaper bag.  At this point I am not really worried about it.  I don't think he could possible get to them now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Master bathroom water closet, there's a cupboard above the toilet.  We have a child proof lock on that door and there's no way DS could reach up there even if he did get in.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"