Multiples
Options

I want to be pregnant again?

My boys are only 4 1/2 months old but I keep seeing pregnant women and find myself thinking I just can't wait to be pregnant again. I know this is crazy and we are for sure not ready/not going to be ready for a while. But I can't stop the thought. How quickly all the sleep deprivation and nursing issues have become a distant memory. No worries, I have no plans to start trying any time soon. Just had to air out my little thought to someone other than DH, who might just pack up and leave if I told him that this was on my mind. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I want to be pregnant again?

• Options

I feel the same way! And I had a pretty crappy pregnancy and a lot of postpartum complications, so it makes no logical sense. ;)

I miss feeling those baby kicks and watching my belly dance around.

• Options
    I felt like this up until about a month ago.  I am glad the baby fever went away!  These girls are a handful!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member

i have had those same crazy feelings from time to time.  that mommy brain thing is a mystery and a miracle! 

though, my friend had a baby tuesday, and i went to the hosp to meet baby.  after holding, and burping and dealing with bili lights, and gassy crying, and seeing my friend stress over the gassy crying, i thought, "hmmm, i remember this feeling."  i think i'm happy where i'm at.

when i tell dh that another baby wouldn't be so bad he does look at me like i'm nuts.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejanjag:

i have had those same crazy feelings from time to time.  that mommy brain thing is a mystery and a miracle! 

though, my friend had a baby tuesday, and i went to the hosp to meet baby.  after holding, and burping and dealing with bili lights, and gassy crying, and seeing my friend stress over the gassy crying, i thought, "hmmm, i remember this feeling."  i think i'm happy where i'm at.

when i tell dh that another baby wouldn't be so bad he does look at me like i'm nuts.

oh that gassy cry. i'm for sure not ready for that again.  

• Options
    I felt the same way soon after DS #2 was born... and got pregnant with the twins when he was 8 months old ; )   There's nothing wrong with feeling that way!  Just what's in your heart...
    ~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Options

i missed being pregnant since I had Griffin until maybe just about a month ago (twins were 10mo)... which is why I finally knew I truly am done - b/c I suddenly have NO desire to be pregnant again and don't have any baby fever at all anymore....

but until then - i always missed being pg - i LOVED being pg (except the last 6w with griffin which was bad)... even with the twins- i had a great pg and loved it-  i missed having that big round belly sticking out to be proud of - missed having them inside me all day long... missed the excitement.

I don't miss the worry, the body issues, my body not being mine, etc... and now I'm totally happy that I will not be pg again.... but it took a LONG time to get to this feeling - and 3 kids :)

• Options
    My husband keeps saying that I'm going to miss being pregnant when I have the babies, and I am like "are you kidding!!?!"  I know he is right though. This pregnancy has been hard me, but I think it's partially because I am big baby.  But I know in my heart that I want more than 3 children, so I wonder how soon I will be feeling that way after my babies are born.   Maybe I will, maybe I won't but I think it's natural to forget about sleepless nights and the pain of pregnancy.  If we didn't, nobody would ever have more than one pregnancy!
  • Options
    I know, and DH had a vasectomy.  I recently told DH that I wanted another baby in a few years (oops).  I thought I wanted 1 more, on Saturday I started thinking that maybe I want 2.
  • Options
    My logical (and financial) self knows that we are done having kids.  My emotional (and female) self has cravings for another pregnancy.  In an odd way, I don't want more kids...I just want to be pregnant again.  I am getting Mirena next week because I couldn't bring myself to do anything "permanent" like vasectomy or tube cutting...just in case, right?
  • Options
    I felt this way after I had the twins. I talked about it in the NICU and everything... and the end of their pregnancy was MISERABLE. I think I just wanted to experience a "Normal" pregnany where I wasn't worried all.the.time. (Even though you do worry all the time- no matter how many you're pg with) I just didn't want to have a high risk pg again. We were done and then we were literally surprised and shocked when we got pg with Logan... but it all worked out in the end. And I know for 102545641254203654013570354396781063136874036043680436574% that we're done. (And DH got a vasectomy as my 5 year wedding anniversary present! LOL)
  • Options

imageLeapDayLinsey:
    My logical (and financial) self knows that we are done having kids.  My emotional (and female) self has cravings for another pregnancy.  In an odd way, I don't want more kids...I just want to be pregnant again.  I am getting Mirena next week because I couldn't bring myself to do anything "permanent" like vasectomy or tube cutting...just in case, right?

This exactly!!  I did get my tubes tied though, so we are done.  I still get that longing to be pregnant "just one more time" lmao

I know we are done though, because after each baby, I know I'd feel this way. And we would have been done with 2 kids total, so yeah...

• Options

imageMickschick:
    I felt this way after I had the twins. I talked about it in the NICU and everything... and the end of their pregnancy was MISERABLE. I think I just wanted to experience a "Normal" pregnany where I wasn't worried all.the.time. (Even though you do worry all the time- no matter how many you're pg with) I just didn't want to have a high risk pg again. We were done and then we were literally surprised and shocked when we got pg with Logan... but it all worked out in the end. And I know for 102545641254203654013570354396781063136874036043680436574% that we're done. (And DH got a vasectomy as my 5 year wedding anniversary present! LOL)

LOL I'll let DH get a vasectomy as a present to himself one day. Just not yet. 

• Options
    I want to be pregnant again after four kids! Maybe that's totally natural no matter how many kids you have. I love being pregnant and really don't want that part of my life to be over yet. We'll see. Definitely not ready to do anything permanent...yet :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"