Trouble TTC

I had no idea

DH is actually EXCITED about this whole baby thing!  He is usually very reserved and does not show excitement at all.  I know he wants a baby but he never talks about it or anything. 

He's become kind of a nazi about POAS these last fer cycles - he doesn't want me to POAS before like 16dpo- craziness!  But I've agreed to not test and not really mention baby stuff in the 2ww.

Well tonight driving to dinner he asked me with a big grin on his face "when's testing day?  I want to see a positive!"  It was the cutest thing ever and now I feel this huge weight on my shoulders to get a +.  As if I have any control over it.  I just know now how disappointed he will be if this is not our cycle :(

How's everyone this evening?  

::running to get caught up:::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I had no idea

• Hey Lady!!!  That's so cute!  Sending tons of luck your way!  ((hugs))

Hope you had a nice dinner.  Ours was better then I expected, but still not what I would have picked.  Oh well.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • It is fun to see the reaction from YH - I feel the same way!  I am good but tired.  I need to get caught up too - I have been MIA this week!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is so sweet!  I am sorry you feel more pressure now but I think that is great he is being more vocal about it.

Good luck!  When is testing day??

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Hi!!  Thanks :)

I did manage to talk DH into Emiliano's.  I'm a little tipsy right now - sangria margarita baby!!  So good.  I'm glad your dinner was better than you were thinking :)

Good luck tomorrow!!  Can't wait to hear about those follies!!

• imagescherpha:
    It is fun to see the reaction from YH - I feel the same way!  I am good but tired.  I need to get caught up too - I have been MIA this week!

Hey Scherpha!  Glad you are well.  Yeah this week has not been bump-friendly

• imagemdluv21:

That is so sweet!  I am sorry you feel more pressure now but I think that is great he is being more vocal about it.

MD!!  He is ok with me testing on Tuesday - so 13dpo.  Eek!!  I'm nervous.  If I make it that far, I'll be surprised.

How are you doing?

• awww..that's too cute. :) Your hubby has been convinced that this cycle is it, right? I hope he's right!!

So, is he going to "let" you test earlier than usual this time?? 

• imagegymnst1013:

Hi!!  Thanks :)

I did manage to talk DH into Emiliano's.  I'm a little tipsy right now - sangria margarita baby!!  So good.  I'm glad your dinner was better than you were thinking :)

That drink sounds SO good!!! 

Thanks, I'll email you as soon as we get home.  My appt is at 9:15.  I'm really hoping I'm able to trigger tomorrow, I'm really over the shots at this point. 

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageloloindiego:

awww..that's too cute. :) Your hubby has been convinced that this cycle is it, right? I hope he's right!!

He does think this cycle is "it"!  He's on this prescription cream that is Class C or 3 or whatever - bad for PG - and he won't let me touch anything that he has touched!  It's so funny.  

He wavered 1 day on testing.  He'll let me test Tuesday when he originally said Wed. :)  How about you - I forgot to check before I started responding - what dpo are you?

• Oh, your DH is so cute!  So, when is testing day????
  • imageRileyGrace:
    imagegymnst1013:

Thanks, I'll email you as soon as we get home.  My appt is at 9:15.  I'm really hoping I'm able to trigger tomorrow, I'm really over the shots at this point. 

I'm sure you must be!  I would be so over them too.  Hopefully just the one more.  I will be stalking email for updates :)

That margarita is SO good!!  And apparently really strong.  I want to take you there and buy you one!!  You need to come visit :(

• Your DH is so cute. It's funny how they can surprise us sometimes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagegymnst1013:
    imagemdluv21:

That is so sweet!  I am sorry you feel more pressure now but I think that is great he is being more vocal about it.

MD!!  He is ok with me testing on Tuesday - so 13dpo.  Eek!!  I'm nervous.  If I make it that far, I'll be surprised.

How are you doing?

Yay!  I'm with DH and have a good feeling for you lady!  How freaking awesome would that be and then you wouldn't even have to stress about the IVF $$$ !!!  Good vibes - def. coming your way.

I am good - my tummy is full with pizza so I am a happy camper.  Smile

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • image**Papps**:

That is so sweet :)  I always love hearing about excited DH's

My day has been good... excited the weekend is here! Yay!! 

I'm thrilled for the weekend!  And I'm hoping the VT works for you!!  I want to see you get this show on the road!

• imagerebelina1:
    Oh, your DH is so cute!  So, when is testing day????

Tuesday!!  Eeee!!!  Trying to remain positive but not get my hopes up.  Not so easy!  How is DD?  Feeling better?

• ams8099ams8099 member
    How sweet!
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagegymnst1013:

imagerebelina1:

Tuesday!!  Eeee!!!  Trying to remain positive but not get my hopes up.  Not so easy!  How is DD?  Feeling better?

I am so excited for you to test!!!  DD is feeling much better but now DH is sick.  Ugh!  He is in bed sleeping so hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.

• imagemdluv21:
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagemdluv21:

How are you doing?

Yay!  I'm with DH and have a good feeling for you lady!  How freaking awesome would that be and then you wouldn't even have to stress about the IVF $$$ !!!  Good vibes - def. coming your way.

I am good - my tummy is full with pizza so I am a happy camper.  Smile

OMG, it would be so awesome!  Funny, I just ate my weight in Mexican and pizza still sounds good :)

• imagerebelina1:
    imagegymnst1013:

imagerebelina1:

I am so excited for you to test!!!  DD is feeling much better but now DH is sick.  Ugh!  He is in bed sleeping so hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.

Oh no!!  I'm glad DD is better and I hope YH feels better soon!

• imagegymnst1013:
    imageRileyGrace:
    imagegymnst1013:

I'm sure you must be!  I would be so over them too.  Hopefully just the one more.  I will be stalking email for updates :)

That margarita is SO good!!  And apparently really strong.  I want to take you there and buy you one!!  You need to come visit :(

I know!  I was just thinking about that today.  DH is talking about trying to plan a trip to NYC in the fall.  I immediately was thinking that PA and MA aren't THAT far, maybe we could all plan a weekend together.  And then I was thinking that we could plan to do Thanksgiving in Wheeling again this year and make sure we've got enough time to come up to visit.  Somehow we'll figure it out! 

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imagegymnst1013:
    imageloloindiego:

awww..that's too cute. :) Your hubby has been convinced that this cycle is it, right? I hope he's right!!

He does think this cycle is "it"!  He's on this prescription cream that is Class C or 3 or whatever - bad for PG - and he won't let me touch anything that he has touched!  It's so funny.  

He wavered 1 day on testing.  He'll let me test Tuesday when he originally said Wed. :)  How about you - I forgot to check before I started responding - what dpo are you?

hahaha..that's so funny that he wavered 1 day on testing. hehe. Ok, I'm going to remember to check in next Tuesday while I'm in Oklahoma, because I'll die if I have to wait to find out what the results are. I'll keep everything crossed for you!!

I'm only 5dpo today. Testing date is Sunday, the 6th BUT I'm trying to figure out what I should do.. maybe you can help me. :)

So, I'm going to be out of town that Saturday/Sunday. I'm getting together Saturday with all of my best friends from high school. Part of me wants to test Saturday morning before I leave (13dpo) because then dh can be there when I test, and if it's negative I can drink with my friends that night. BUT two of my girlfriends have new babies that will be there for awhile, and I might lose my shiit if it's a BFN. Dh thinks I should test Sunday, even though he won't be there. Or I could wait and test that Monday. Sorry that was ridiculously long.. hehe. What would you do?

• GinghamGingham member
    Awww...that's so sweet!  It's so cute to see men get excited about baby-related things.
  • imageRileyGrace:

I know!  I was just thinking about that today.  DH is talking about trying to plan a trip to NYC in the fall.  I immediately was thinking that PA and MA aren't THAT far, maybe we could all plan a weekend together.  And then I was thinking that we could plan to do Thanksgiving in Wheeling again this year and make sure we've got enough time to come up to visit.  Somehow we'll figure it out! 

OMG that would be SO awesome!!  We definitely need to figure it out!  We need to visit my SIL one of these days in Raleigh - I will absolutely come see you when we do that!

• imagegymnst1013:
    imageRileyGrace:

OMG that would be SO awesome!!  We definitely need to figure it out!  We need to visit my SIL one of these days in Raleigh - I will absolutely come see you when we do that!

DEFINITELY!!!!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageloloindiego:

hahaha..that's so funny that he wavered 1 day on testing. hehe. Ok, I'm going to remember to check in next Tuesday while I'm in Oklahoma, because I'll die if I have to wait to find out what the results are. I'll keep everything crossed for you!!

I'm only 5dpo today. Testing date is Sunday, the 6th BUT I'm trying to figure out what I should do.. maybe you can help me. :)

So, I'm going to be out of town that Saturday/Sunday. I'm getting together Saturday with all of my best friends from high school. Part of me wants to test Saturday morning before I leave (13dpo) because then dh can be there when I test, and if it's negative I can drink with my friends that night. BUT two of my girlfriends have new babies that will be there for awhile, and I might lose my shiit if it's a BFN. Dh thinks I should test Sunday, even though he won't be there. Or I could wait and test that Monday. Sorry that was ridiculously long.. hehe. What would you do?

That is a tough call!!  I think if I were you I would test Saturday.  Chances are reasonable for an accurate test and if it is negative (which it won't be because this was the cycle from hell for you and OF COURSE it will be the one that works out :) and if it's not, you will be able to drink away the sadness.  On second thought, maybe that isn't the best advice!  LOL

I stand by you not having to worry about it because your test will be positive :)

• image**Papps**:
    imagegymnst1013:
    image**Papps**:

That is so sweet :)  I always love hearing about excited DH's

My day has been good... excited the weekend is here! Yay!! 

I'm thrilled for the weekend!  And I'm hoping the VT works for you!!  I want to see you get this show on the road!

OK, this will probably sound sooooo stupid.... but what is VT? 

LOL - Voodoo Tampon!

• imageGingham:
    Awww...that's so sweet!  It's so cute to see men get excited about baby-related things.

Hi Ging!!  I know - so cute!!

• haha..thanks Gym, I hope you're right! I think I may sneak a test that Saturday morning because you're right.. I can drink away the sadness. haha. But seriously my girlfriends will at least know how to cheer me up, so that's a plus.

Ahh.. I hope this is it for both of us Gym! And everyone else for that matter. hehe.

• imageloloindiego:

haha..thanks Gym, I hope you're right! I think I may sneak a test that Saturday morning because you're right.. I can drink away the sadness. haha. But seriously my girlfriends will at least know how to cheer me up, so that's a plus.

Ahh.. I hope this is it for both of us Gym! And everyone else for that matter. hehe.

Me too Lolo!  Me.Too.  It's our damn turn

• GinghamGingham member
    imagegymnst1013:

imageGingham:

Ooohh...your chart's looking pretty sexy too!  I'm excited to have a chart to stalk.  There have been less and less these days.

Edit: Which is a good thing, I might add:)

• imageGingham:
    imagegymnst1013:

imageGingham:

Ooohh...your chart's looking pretty sexy too!  I'm excited to have a chart to stalk.  There have been less and less these days.

Thanks!  And I know.  With everyone here having IUIs and IVF, no one here really charts as much.  But speaking of, I know it's early, but holy cow, nice spike!

Edit to your edit - that is definitely one good reason why we have fewer charts to stalk - more successes!

• Aw, that's so sweet! :) Don't feel pressured, I'm sure he would be disappointed with a negative, but not with you!  I really hope you both can be thrilled and excited together very soon! :)
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • That is cute of your DH.  Your chart is rockin' so I hope you don't let DH down.  PPVs coming your way.  I'll be chart stalking you the next few days.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

• This very much sounds like a description of my DH.  He was the one who wanted to wait longer before we started TTC and didn't like to talk about the mechanics of it it too much.  Lately, he's been bringing it up and talking more in general about babies and specifically about TTC.
  • I love it when their desire to be a daddy finally shows through. :) That's so sweet. I've been finding the less I talk to DH about TTC, the more he talks about it, so I'm keeping my trapper shut.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"