Attachment Parenting

C25K starts June 1st

I don't know how to create a poll...sorry guys.  According to C25K, we have to do the program 3x weekly.  For motivational purposes it's probably best that we check in on those corresponding days.  We can check in here...or I can create a free group on the C25K website. 

Pros: We can keep track of each other without clogging up the AP board

Cons: The group will be open to the public.  If we choose this route, we should come up with a fun name like Hot Mamas C25K or something,  so, that we get other mama members.  I joined a group there last week and many of them are discussing their battles with depression.  I want this to be a positive  and FUN experience for everyone:)  Not a forum to talk about depression....let's leave that for other forums.  If it's positive, fun and light-hearted, we are more likely to actually make this happen. 

So, let me know what you guys are most comfortable with...a check in here or on the C25K website.

Re: C25K starts June 1st

• sounds like more cons about the other board...i'm fine with doing it here. i don't think anyone will mind!
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't pulled up the link from your previous post (can't get it from my phone) but I may join on with you guys! Does it work with all different paces or is it more geared for first time racers? I think it would motivate me to stick with my speed work plan and being more consistent in general if I have some accountability.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Sally JSally J member

I think doing it here is fine.  I think people will probably run on whatever day is convenient for them, so a check in every day probably isn't necessary.  Maybe have 2 checks a week?

BTW, I will be starting a little late since I have to get my ankle better first.  I started this back in April and 3 weeks in I got tendinitis (broken toe several months ago on the opposite foot caused over compensation).  I have a walking boot until the 11th and then I have to spend a couple weeks getting my strength back before starting running.

• imageddr262:
    I haven't pulled up the link from your previous post (can't get it from my phone) but I may join on with you guys! Does it work with all different paces or is it more geared for first time racers? I think it would motivate me to stick with my speed work plan and being more consistent in general if I have some accountability.

I need to learn how to make a clicky:

https://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It would be great to have the input from experienced runners and have people that are at all levels:)

• imageSally J:

I think doing it here is fine.  I think people will probably run on whatever day is convenient for them, so a check in every day probably isn't necessary.  Maybe have 2 checks a week?

BTW, I will be starting a little late since I have to get my ankle better first.  I started this back in April and 3 weeks in I got tendinitis (broken toe several months ago on the opposite foot caused over compensation).  I have a walking boot until the 11th and then I have to spend a couple weeks getting my strength back before starting running.

I agree, I don't think I will run the same 3 days every week.  We're going on vacation this week...so, I already completed day 1 today and will do day 2 Tuesday.  Maybe we'll do a motivational type check in just to start the week off right, then and end of the week check in to make sure everyone stays on track.  

I hope you heal quickly and look forward to having you join us!

• I'd like to join too, if that's ok.  I'm recovering from a knee injury, so I may have to modify the program slightly, but I really need to get back into shape and would love the support and accountability.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKrista6/18/05:
    I'd like to join too, if that's ok.  I'm recovering from a knee injury, so I may have to modify the program slightly, but I really need to get back into shape and would love the support and accountability.  :)

This is open to everyone...just please don't hurt your knee.  I'm modifying the program a bit, too...no worries.  I think the important thing is that we all get out there and do something.  

• imagetak2002:
    sounds like more cons about the other board...i'm fine with doing it here. i don't think anyone will mind!

Great, thanks for the input:)

• I'm in!  That sounds great.  I just got my new jogging stroller (a gift from my DH) delivered, it's set up and I'm ready to go out the door tomorrow. 

• imageJema30:

I'm in!  That sounds great.  I just got my new jogging stroller (a gift from my DH) delivered, it's set up and I'm ready to go out the door tomorrow. 

Wow, what a great gift!  Which one did he get you?  I've already got a jogger, but my bday/anniversary are both this week and I'm getting a new pair of running shoes:)  Good luck on Day 1! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"