Trouble TTC

PCOS and Clomid

Hi ladies,

I'm brand new here with a question for you...

A little background...I was just dx w/ PCOS on Monday; I started Clomid the following day (which put me at taking it cycle days 6-10, but my dr. wanted me to do it anyway).  I took my 5th pill yesterday and now I'm waiting to see what happens next. 

For those of you who have PCOS and have taken Clomid, can you tell me a little about your experience?  I know everyone is different, but I'm curious to hear from people who have been through this. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: PCOS and Clomid

• Hi there and welcome!

The girls here will tell you that you really should be monitored while taking Clomid, just FYI.

I have PCOS and am on my 3rd cycle of Clomid 100mg. 1st cycle, I didn't even ovulate. 2nd cycle was great, but got a BFN. Who knows what this cycle will bring! I know that when I was told I had PCOS and all the symptoms that came with it, everything totally made sense in my life. I had wondered why I had a hard time losing weight, gained weight easily, etc. It was kind of a relief but not fun to hear either way.

Does your doc have you on Metformin at all? I'm taking that along with Clomid to help with my PCOS.

Good luck to you!

~Melanie

TTC since July '09
    Diagnosed with PCOS Feb '10
    6/2010 - Natural M/C - made it to 5 weeks
    10/2010 - D&C - made it to 7 weeks
    6/2011 - Natural M/C - made it to 6 weeks
    4/2012 - BFP! Beta#1 1401 20DPO
    Beta #2 4327 24DPO
    U/S 6w6d 134bpm heartrate! Baby Gummybear!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemelaniejt:

Hi there and welcome!

The girls here will tell you that you really should be monitored while taking Clomid, just FYI.

I have PCOS and am on my 3rd cycle of Clomid 100mg. 1st cycle, I didn't even ovulate. 2nd cycle was great, but got a BFN. Who knows what this cycle will bring! I know that when I was told I had PCOS and all the symptoms that came with it, everything totally made sense in my life. I had wondered why I had a hard time losing weight, gained weight easily, etc. It was kind of a relief but not fun to hear either way.

Does your doc have you on Metformin at all? I'm taking that along with Clomid to help with my PCOS.

Good luck to you!

Metformin is usually only prescribed for those who have insulin resistance as a symptom of their PCOS. She should have taken a 2 hr fasting glucose test to check for that, along with bloodwork and u/s for a proper diagnosis.

OP- you really should be monitored. I poster recently came on here with her story of taking Clomid without bloodwork and ultrasounds throughout.

She ended up losing a tube due to overstimming/ectopic pregnancy. You don't want that. Go to an RE for treatment. OB's tend to not know wtf they're doing when it comes to anything beyond standard OB care.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately I do not have any advice for you, but am curious about what happens next as well. I was diagnosed with PCOS over 10 years ago but have been on BC ever since. I finally finished all my infertility testing and am going to the dr next week for the "Clomid Talk" where they will tell us all about it and give us a script. I am so curious as to how this is going to work and how i am going to respond.

I wish you the best of luck and hope this works for you!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"