Baby Names
Options

Which girl name do you like best?

Ok, so I know that most of you will hate the spellings I have used, but I like different spellings, I grew up with a different spelling and I loved it.  So, with that out of the way please just let me know which name you like best and if the mn flows at all with any of them.  Stella is my dh's great-grandmother and I really want to use it but I am not sure it flows in the middle name spot but I am not found of using it for the first.  Thanks for your help!

I can't get the poll to work so I will just put the names here.

Aubree Stella

Averi Stella

Cambree Stella

Re: Which girl name do you like best?

• Options
    Aubree Stella
  • Options

imageTulips21:
    Aubree Stella

I second this!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You're right, I really hate the spellings. Mostly, I think they look cutesy and won't serve her well as she gets older.

But, I guess I'd go with Aubree. Averi is just a really bad spelling and I'm not a fan of Cambree in any form.

• Options

Aubrey Stella

Although I also like Avery Stella.

I dislike Cambree no matter how  you spell it.

• Options
    imagePunkyBooster:

Aubrey Stella

This. 

• Options
    Aubree Stella, I like the name and all of those spellings it's the only one I can stand to look at.  Some names work when you put a twist on the spelling, other names not so much. 
  • Options
    I like Cambria. Cambree seems unfinished. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    All very cute, but my fav is Aubree Stella!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Averi Stella
  • Options
    I think I'd have to vote for Aubree or Averi. Like you said, the spellings are not really my style, but I much prefer those to Cambree.
  • Options
    I love the name Stella, but I think it is one of those names that works better as a first name, instead of a mn.
  • Options

While you may have liked having an unusual spelling for your name growing up, please keep in mind that your child might not.  I have a student right now, with an accepted spelling for her slightly unusual name, and she HATES it.  Like, to the extent that she has seriously considered legally changing her name on her 18th birthday.  

That said, I like Aubrey Stella (or Aubree Stella) best out of your choices.  Avery is too popular, and as a pp said, Cambree seems unfinished.  I actually really like Cambria Stella, though. 

• Options
    Well, you're right and I dislike all the spellings, but between Aubrey, Avery, and Cambry I like Avery best.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    imageshopgirl_07:

You're right, I really hate the spellings. Mostly, I think they look cutesy and won't serve her well as she gets older.

But, I guess I'd go with Aubree. Averi is just a really bad spelling and I'm not a fan of Cambree in any form.

this exactly

• Options
    They are all just way too cutesy for me, and the spellings just make it worse.
  • Options
    I'll go with Averi. I know a girl Avery my age so it's not that odd to me. And out of all of them I think it's the nicest since it's making a unisex name more feminine. The others just look poorly spelled to me.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    Aubree Stella
  • Options

Would you consider using Stella as a fn? I really am not a fan of it as a mn. 

Of your choices, I suppose I like Aubree the best, although I prefer the traditional Aubrey spelling. 

• Options
    MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    i don't like any of them, but i dislike avery the least.
  • Options
    Aubree Stella
  • Options

Aubree Stella...

I don't like Avery with the "i" at all - and Cambree just sounds made up ridiculous.

• Options
    Aubree Stella
  • Options
    Aubree Stella
  • Options

All of the names are far too cutesy for me. Out of those though, I guess I would go with Aubree.

Stella works much better as a first name though.

• Options
    I like Aubree Stella the best of the three.
  • Options
    I think Stella goes with all of them. I like Aubrey then Cambry the best. 
  • Options
    Averi Stella

• Options
    EMTXEMTX member
    imagePunkyBooster:

Aubrey Stella

This - think of her name on a resume later in life! Stop with the alternate spellings! 

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Instead of Cambree how about Cambria? (I have a friend with this name)

• Options
    Aubrey Stella.
  • Options

imageTulips21:
    Aubree Stella

This. I'm not a big fan of either of the others.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like Aubrey Stella. I agree with PPs that said that just because you liked a different spelling doesn't mean your daughter will. Aubree looks childish compared to Aubrey and I don't see it growing well. Think of her as a future CFO or Supreme Court Justice. Aubrey is simply more professional and dignified looking than Aubree.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    Aubrey Stella
  • Options
    I honestly don't like any of them.  I really like Stella though so I would use that as a first name.
  • Options
    tct1219tct1219 member
    imagemj.reilly:

Honestly, none of them, but I guess Aubrey Stella.

What about Stella Aubrey or Stella Avery?

Either way, Avery is a boy name to me, and Cambree is just bad no matter the spelling.

This. I don't think any of them flows well with Stella. I prefer Stella as a first name.
  • Options
    Aubree
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"