Washington Babies

NBR: Foot in Mouth and Awkward Encounter

So today the most awkward thing happened in our office:

I was advising a women who was crazy, for lack of a better word.  She has been in Western State Hospital twice for PTSD and trying to commit suicide.  She has a horrible life and I see why she is so mentally off.  She is trying to get back into college and I was helping her fill out her application.  She told me all about her life and how she is now in love with a guy who isn't abusing her or abusing drugs and she is trying to get on track...blah, blah, blah.  This by itself is making for an interesting afternoon.

So as she is walking out of my office there is a gentlemen waiting for his appointment with one of my co-workers.  She looks at him and says, "hey!"  Like she knows him pretty well.  He looks at her and says, "Do I know you?"  So I am thinking, "oh no, she is really crazy!"  But then she says, "Yeah, from AA!"  She says it super loud and he looks really uncomfortable...since AA is supposed to be ANONYMOUS!  She goes on and one about AA and finally says goodbye and leaves and we just pretend like nothing happened.  She had no idea she just outed him to people who he is trying to make a good impression too...poor guy!

Some days work is just strange!  Totally random I know...but just such a moment!

Re: NBR: Foot in Mouth and Awkward Encounter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"