Adoption

One-Week down......

Well, we are one-week down in our 30-day waiting period for TPR to become final.  Hoping the next three weeks fly by with no trouble!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One-Week down......

• Our wait was also 30 days (but could have been up to 8 weeks or more...).  It definitely flew by, so I hope your time flies by, too!
  • Yay!!!!! How do you feel? I'm trying to get a feel for when it happens to me real soon. BM might sign the waiver for the 30 days but in case she doesn't....how do you and your DH feel about this wait? Is it scary, nerve-wracking, okay, or are you totally cool? (I'm in CA too so we have the same legal rules)
  • Loading the player...
  • Before everything happened, I thought the 30-days would be terrible, but we've been so busy with the baby to even think about it.  In addition, there are some additional circumstances that happened at the hospital with the BM and BF that the hospital social worker made a cps referral for the two children at home, so the social worker seems to think that even if they changed their mind, because the adoption plan is in place, and due to the cps referral and past history, that we'll still be able to keep the baby.

It's a very, very sad situation, but it has eased my nerves a bit.  Good luck with your wait!  In CA, besides the normal 30-day TPR, the BM and BF can also sign an immediate TPR, but I think the ASP's push the 30-days just to give them breathing room.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"