Trouble TTC

1st cycle of clomid fail:( When to start again?

So I had my first cycle of clomid (100mg) CD 2-6. I started last last mon. Went back the following Mon for u/s and Dr said he thinks he sees an egg forming and I should come back Thurs. So last Thurs...he said no egg :( But I should come back Tues. So the nurse said that I will have to go onto my 2nd cycle on 150mg. I guess I just assumed that I need to wait for my period. But the nurse said that the Dr sometimes doesn't wait for it, and that he will determin that on Tues. I don't get it? How is that possible?

Sorry if my question doesn't make sense :( I'm new to all this...and totally confused and frustrated and irritated :( lol maybe I'm just tired.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st cycle of clomid fail:( When to start again?

• Usually you wait for your period before starting a new Clomid cycle, but I have heard of people taking it again without a period.  Not sure I understand the reasoning but it's not unheard of. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, you can start medicating again without a period depending on how your lining looks.  If it's thin enough you can just move forward, if it's too thick then you need to have a period first.  I have no idea what the lining numbers are, but your RE can explain.

Good luck.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm curious as to why you did cd 2-6? i have NEVER heard of those days...it's usually 3-7 or 5-9. Maybe ask your doc to delay your clomid for either of those options and jump to 150mg?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think that if you didn't ovulate, they can start you back on Clomid again for another try at it.  If you had ovulated, they would have definitely had you wait for a period before trying again. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"