February 2011 Moms
Options

Hmmm...Doc says I could be 6 weeks but all test are neg..

Hi Everyone,

This past Wednesday I went to the OBGYN for my yearly.  My DH and I were planning on TTC in this August.  Anyway, the dr did my examine and says are you sure you are not pregnant now?  She believes that I am 6 wk along, but urine test is negative and I did get my period 4 weeks ago.  Her response was if I didn't get my period today that I should come back for a blood test this week...Well, I didn't get my period, but urine tests are still negative....

What's your opinon

Re: Hmmm...Doc says I could be 6 weeks but all test are neg..

• Options
    i would think at 6 weeks, something would show up in your urine.  what brand of tests are you using? I would get First Reponse Early Response and the digital ones.  good luck.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Why would your OB think you are 6 weeks along? Did she give you a reason? That just seems odd to me. Maybe you are 4 weeks pregnant since you got AF 4 weeks ago. Something seems fishy....
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When she did the examine my uterus felt swollen to about 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Did she say anything about an u/s?
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • Options
    she said if i didn't get my scheduled period, which would be today, then I am suppose to call her on Tuesday to schedule an appointment...I plan on taking another test tomorrow am...I am very excited, but also trying not to get my hopes up...  I just wondered what others thought...she even gave me an EDD, but said call on tuesday to schedule...
  • Options

I am just a lurker on this board, but I have to say, none of what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever.

And if what you are saying is true, you probably need to get a new doctor.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageSarahL77:

I am just a lurker on this board, but I have to say, none of what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever.

And if what you are saying is true, you probably need to get a new doctor.

Ditto.  If your doctor really thought that, then she'd order a blood test.  And if it came back negative, probably an u/s to figure out what was causing the swelling.

And if she didn't do those things then either she's an idiot and you need a new doctor or (more likely) you're making this up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"