Special Needs

Intro

Hello everyone,

I'm the proud mother of 22 montht old twin boys, both diagnosed with PDD a couple of weeks ago.

After taking it all in, I had my first melt down today and realized I needed to find a support group to help me. I hope I can find it here.

The boys are currently taking ST, OT and group therapy as well. We're also adding 10 hrs of ABA therapy for each boy and keeping the OT, ST and group. I'm not sure if I should be doing more. This is all new to me and I was in denial for those two weeks so I haven't done much research.

Now that I had my melt down I can move on and get some help for my boys.

Gracias!

Re: Intro

• Hi, and welcome to this very supportive board.

I am not a very regular poster, but do check in often...our DD is deaf and uses cochlear implants, so I tend to chat more on hearing related posts, but wanted to say hi, and assure you that the others on this board are a great resource. 

Best wishes to you and your family!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi again sugar. It seems we always bump into each other. I'm sorry your boys got this diagnosis. It's never easy to hear, but as the pp said. The women here are extremely supportive. I personally don't have experience with pdd, but I'm always here to lend an ear or shoulder. 

• Loading the player...
  • Zeidy!

I haven't talked to you since the early days on the preemie board!  It's great to hear from you!  I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but glad that you're already signed up to get so much help.  I've been posting here every now and then for support on DS's global developmental delay.  We don't have a diagnosis yet (besides the delay) and may or may not get one, but have been getting a lot of help from EI in PT, Special Ed, and hopefully soon, ST.  I've been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.  The ladies here have been so supportive, and are full of great advice.  Hopefully we can get the boys together one day.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Love you, X80! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi! Welcome. I'm fairly new to the board. Don't have experience with PDD, but we have our own battles to face so I get the meltdowns. It does get a little easier to bounce back. 
  • Zeidy01Zeidy01 member

Not_finished, 

I love you too mama!!

Thanks everyone for such a nice welcome! 

Crazy,

its been a long time since last time I spoke with. Congrats! 32 wks already. How is M doing? 

Nictel,

hey hone! How is everything? I'm sorry to hear that you are also having some delay issues, EI is NY is great. We need to talk, I wonder if we have the lady from county (she's the only I don't like). I'll send you a PM with my contact. May be B can go to the same group therapy as the boys, they have another 15mo old and two yr old and one just dropped out of the program. 

• Yes it has been a long time. M is getting big. I can't believe how much she's doing & learning. 

I find myself here these days because Sean has downs & a heart defect & these ladies and been wonderful in keeping me grounded.  

• Zeidy01Zeidy01 member

They get so big so fast. I'm not used to not having babies anymore. They are little man that wear diapers. :)

I'm sorry to hear about Sean but I'm glad you're able to find the support in this group. I'll keep him in my prayers and hope that his little heart gets better. Lots of love mama!  

• Welcome Friend ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"