High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

My glucometer is cruisin' for a bruisin'

Yesterday I ate a hamburger..... something I have eaten at least twice a week since my diagnosis. My number is always good! Yesterday it was a 169.... holy crap! Thinking this is totally wrong I check again about 2 minutes later and get a 109. How could the variation be that big? I was in line at the grocery store and took about 2 steps between my first draw and my second. I checked the strips and they are fine too! So frustrating! How am I supposed to know if I am controlling things if my meter is so untrustworthy????????
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: My glucometer is cruisin' for a bruisin'

• Options
    What brand glucometer are you using? I use a one touch and received something in the mail a couple months ago about strips being bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had been having the same problem and then realized that it was my hand sanitizer that my doc told me to use that was throwing my numbers off.  I'm not sure if you are using and hand sanitizer, but if you are then stop.
    Lucy
    Little Lucy Bird Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You will get your most accurate reading if you wash your hands with soap and water before and dry them.  You may have had something on your finger the first time you tested - expecially since you usually get good numbers reading with that meal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"