Multiples

The closer I get to 38 weeks

The closer I get to 38 weeks (which is what my doctor said they would let me go to) the more nervous I get that I won't make it that far. It's like the further along I get the more scared I get that these babies will come to soon. Anyone else feel this way? I just want to bad to make it to at least 36 weeks. I'm 27w4d so almost 28 weeks and I just thank goodness for everyday that passes and they are still inside.

Re: The closer I get to 38 weeks

• Try making smaller goals.  ie 30 weeks, then 32 weeks, etc.  I feel that helped me not feel so overwhelmed. 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was making smaller goals before but for some reason this last week it seems those smaller goals have gone out the window. I'm trying to still keep the smaller goals in mind it's just getting so hard. My next goal is 30 weeks I guess I just need to keep thinking of that and not worry myself to much. (although that is soooooooo hard to do)
  • Loading the player...
  • The way I figure, there's nothing more I can/can't do about not going into labor early.  Why stress about it?  I agree that small goals are helpful.  Set your sights on 30w and go from there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • janjagjanjag member

imageLakeGenevaBride:
    Try making smaller goals.  ie 30 weeks, then 32 weeks, etc.  I feel that helped me not feel so overwhelmed. 

this really helped me.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • GSwansGSwans member

imageLakeGenevaBride:
    Try making smaller goals.? ie 30 weeks, then 32 weeks, etc.? I feel that helped me not feel so overwhelmed.?

This helped me as well. ?I went in for my first L&D trip at 26 weeks and was a mess from then on (had 2 more L&D trips at 28 and 30 weeks). ?But I kept those small milestones as my goals, and it worked. ?And it also made the time pass more quickly for me!

You're doing a great job, no matter what happens. ?GL!?

• KMB7KMB7 member

imageLakeGenevaBride:
    Try making smaller goals.  ie 30 weeks, then 32 weeks, etc.  I feel that helped me not feel so overwhelmed. 

Ditto. That is exactly what I was going to say :) 

TTC since 7/06, found out about PCOS on 8/31/06 Dec.2007~ Metformin 1500mg, prenatals, Femara 2.5mg)(cd3-7), Gonal F 100iu(cd5-?) and Ovidrel with TI. DH~ antibiotics to improve motility (cd1-10)
    Beta #1 15dpo 298, Beta #2 18dpo 1048
    Family Blog
    Infertility Blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers image
  • i had my singleton at 36w so NEVER thought I'd get past that with the twins- but I did make it to my scheduled c/s at 38w.

give yourself smaller goals... my first was 24... then 27... then 30... then 34... 36 and by the time I got there I KNEW I was going to make it to 38, finally :)

worrying never ends- it's worse when the babies are out and about in the real world- so you have to find a way to deal with it.  Prayer is what keeps me sane.

• I felt that way from the time I started having PT contractions at 30w.  I went on bedrest at 35w and these guys stayed put with no signs of labor until 38w2d when I had my scheduled c/s.  It is possible and you can make it!  Just keep focusing on big, healthy, go-home-with-you babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"