Cincinnati Babies
Options

Sleep sack sizing

I think I am going to try sleep sacks with Tyler, but I'm confused on what size to buy.  Anybody know if they run big or small?  FWIW I'm going to buy the Halo brand.  He's really borderline between a medium and large according to their size chart so I'm not sure what to do.  Here's the size chart:

Medium  6 to 12 mo.  26" to 30"  16lbs to 24lbs
 Large  12 to 18 mo.  30" to 35"  22lbs to 28lbs

He's 8 months old, about 29 inches, and weighs ~22 lbs (I think).  What would you do?

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
imageimage
imageimage
The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler

Re: Sleep sack sizing

• Options
    I would get the large.  I think its more about length than weight (as it is seems to be with most baby things).  If the medium only fits up to 30" it won't be long before he's too big for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely the large.  Macy used sleep sacks up until just recently...they are great!  We put her in size large when she was around 11 months and only 18 lbs (they were a little big, but definitely worked).  She still fit in the large at 25 lbs with plenty of room to grow.
    Mason Louise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageidenticaltwins2be:
    I would get the large.  I think its more about length than weight (as it is seems to be with most baby things).  If the medium only fits up to 30" it won't be long before he's too big for it.

Yes, I would definitely get the large for this very reason.  Actually I might even have a large or 2 around here if you'd like to use them.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Definitely get the large...he'll be able to use it longer, and there's really no downside to it being too big (especially since he's too small to really be trying to walk around in it.) Versus if it's too small, then you couldn't really use it because it would be too short and he couldn't extend his legs. It's mainly differences in length with the sizing, I barely notice any difference in the size of the armholes, etc.

• Options
    Perfect!  Thank you for all the feedback!  I love the Bump for stuff like this   :-)
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"