Two Under 2

Stranded at home... :(

My parents have a lake house that DH and I usually go to a lot during the summer, but now that we have had our DS I am so nervous go out of town.  Every weekend DH ask if we are going to the lake and I think of some excuse not to go.  I really want to go but I am overwhelmed with packing to take our LOs.  We would have to take both of our pack-n-plays, something for DS to sit in, a booster chair for DD to eat in, a stroller plus all the other things our LOs need not to mention packing for DH, the dogs, and me. 

I am afraid I will forget something.  There is a Wal-mart about 30 minutes from the house so I know I can go buy anything I forget but it still worries me.  I am scared DS will start crying non-stop half way there.  He hates his carseat.  I know DD will get into everything there since it isn't baby proofed.  

Anybody else have all these worries and stresses about going out of town with 2 under 2?  I am going to get over my fears and pack them up and go next weekend.  NO excuses for me!  I am going to start getting ready Thursday morning so by the time DH gets off on Friday I will be done and ready.  I hope it goes smoothly and we have a relaxing time.  I just know I can't stayed locked in the house forever.  If you have any advice about traveling with two LOs please share. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Stranded at home... :(

• It can definitely be overwhelming, but you have to get the first time traveling with 2u2 over with at some point! I'm sure after you've done it once, you will learn what you need/don't need and the tricks to keeping everyone happy. It will only get easier and more manageable. 

We will be taking a 10 hours trip with our 2u2 to DH's parents house in August. Should be interesting!  

Good luck! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Is it possible for you to buy some extras so that you don't have to take everything back and forth? It migjt be worth it if you go there a lot.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree it can be over-whelming but it is also a ton of fun to get out of the house and away for the weekend even with the LO's in tow :)

We don't travel a lot but we do spend a lot of time on Lake Michigan at my in-laws cottage during the summer months and it is totally worth the hassle IMO. 

My LO's are also awful riders. DD wasn't as bad as DS but honestly she's getting there. We actually invested in built-in DVD players in our Envoy for long car trips specifically for DS. We use them as a last ditch effort after napping, reading books, and snacks. 

I say go for it!!! At least try it once. If it doesn't work out then you know for next time :)

GL!!

• amstepamstep member

We live 6 hours away from family, and although DS2 isn't here yet, this frightens me, too.  HOWEVER, I hope it won't scare me enough to keep me home.  I'm going to try my best to just get over it and go.

With DS, he was a horrible traveler until we got a portable DVD player for him.  My BIL called us from a Blockbuster Video going out of business sale and they were selling Wiggles DVDs for $1 each.  We now have about 15 and they are LIFESAVERS.  DS loves the car now, since he gets to watch his videos.  It has saved our sanity.  

I plan to keep DS2 rear-facing for longer than we did with DS1, so I bought another portable DVD player for him, too!  

We were going to limit tv/videos, but some battles are just not worth fighting.  You weigh the good of them (and you) getting out of the house with the need to keep them occupied!!!

• Thanks for all the words of encouragement and good advice.  We just bought a van to make traveling easy and it has two DVD players, but DD is still rear facing so she can't watch them.  I think I just need to relax and realize we will have a great time once we get there.  My family will be there to help with the kids so mommy and daddy may even get a break :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"