Georgia Babies

Swim diapers

We would like to take our little girl to the pool this summer. How do swimdiapers work? I have seen some suits with a built in swim diaper how do they work. Any recomendations?

Re: Swim diapers

• i'm not sure about the ones with the built in diapers.  But we use pampers splashers and they work great for DD.  They are like a pullup for baby and don't fasten the way regular diapers do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second pampers splashers. I bought a box yesterday and it came with a pair of super cool sunglasses! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJCGreene85:
    I second pampers splashers. I bought a box yesterday and it came with a pair of super cool sunglasses! 

mine too

• Swim diapers are made so that they don't absorb the pool water. Likewise, they don't absord pee. They're really intended to keep poop out of the pool. So, the built in ones work just as well and you have one less thing to cart around and spend money on.
  • We use these and they are FABULOUS!  They fit really well and this way, you aren't throwing money away each time you take off a disposable swim diaper.  Those suckers are expensive!  We have the Swimmi in "blue turtles" and it's gorgeous. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like a past poster said, don't use the swim diapers too early to getting in the pool. They do not hold regular leaks. Just a word from a mommy who had to clean up a few messes.

:)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just love that your ticker says 59 weeks pregnant-lol 

• it depends on the pool to what they require.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Check the rules at your pool.  The pool I went to last year required a swim diaper - whether disposable or reusable AND a plastic cover.  They sold the covers at the pool for $2.  Its to help contain any poops.

The first year SC was swimming we used a built in diaper that I bought at Target, worked great.  Last year, we just used huggies swim diapers...along with the plastic cover of course.  :-)

Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"