Austin Babies

gassy babies?

I think Baby S has really bad gas...  Was there something you did that helped your baby if they had bad gas problems? I don't think it's reflux as she isn't spitting up.  Also, the fussiness usually starts around 30 minutes after feeding.  It seems to have started after my milk came in.

I've read to change your diet.  I don't really eat the foods that Baby 411 mentioned can cause gas (cabbage, turnips, peaches, melons, etc).  They also mentioned diary, but I can't start cutting that until tomorrow.  She doesn't want to take a pacifier, and we had some problems with breast feeding at the beginning so I'm a little worried too try too hard with that.

Any advice is welcome, we're not getting too much sleep in the household.  Sad 

IMG_1749_2

Re: gassy babies?

• Have you tried Mylicon drops or Gripe water? I can't remember exactly when they're safe, but I want to say it's from the beginning. Both of those worked wonders with Will.

Also, they can have what's called silent reflux where they don't spit up, but they still get the acid coming up that is uncomfortable for them. If nothing else seems to be the matter, you might want to talk with your pedi about it and see what they have to say.

Good luck! Those first few weeks are the hardest. Remember it will get better. Try to sleep when she sleeps.

• DD didn't spit up ever, but she has reflux. Can't hurt to ask your Pedi. I feel for you!!! It will pass though!
  • Loading the player...
  • We used Mylicon drops and that helped big time. Also, after he ate he would get fussy, I would lay him on my lap on his back and roll his legs and push his legs up towards his stomach. That always helped.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto Angie - doing the gentle bicycle motion with DD's legs and softly pressing her knees to her belly helped relieve some gas. We still do that sometimes if she seems miserable. Also ditto Mylicon drops. 

Hang in there! It will get better in time. 

• Ditto pps. Also, you can make sure that she remians upright for 30 min after each feeding and let her sleep at an incline (head above tummy).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"