Two Under 2

going to yard sales tomorrow. Gear question...

LO will be 15.5 months old when this LO arrives if he/she comes on time. That said, what would you need two of when they are that close?

I am using the same infant car seat and I'll bump LO to the britax and I won't buy a carseat or a crib from these sales.

But so far I'm looking at double strollers, another high chair, but are there other things you wish you had more than one of or that you had to buy because they are so close in age?

Re: going to yard sales tomorrow. Gear question...

• My boys are 13.5 months apart. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about another highchair. We switched both of our boys to a booster seat around 11-12 months, and it worked out great! So DS1 was out of the highchair by the time DS2 needed it (or was even born!).

We bought a bath seat, similar to this ...

for DS2. We didn't have anything like this for DS1 (just an inflatable one). However, since we wanted to bathe both of the boys together once DS2 could sit up unassisted, the inflatable one would be too big, so this seat worked out great from the time he was about 5-10 months or so. So if you see something like this, I think it would be a good idea.

We really only got nursery furniture, double stroller, second Diaper Champ, new bedding, new nipples for bottles, new pacifiers, new teethers, etc. when DS2 came along ... so not many things you could get at a yard sale.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • We were able to reuse a lot since my girls are 22 months apart. DD1 is in a twin bed so I reused all the nursery furniture...we just bought "normal" furniture for her room. 

I'd keep an eye out for a double stroller. Decide if you want a side by side or front/back before you purchase, though. What about a second monitor? A second pack and play if you happen to travel a lot? 

• Loading the player...
  • Mine will be 14 months apart, and so far the things I plan to buy are crib and dresser, sheets and room decorations, a fan for #2's room, diaper disposal, sling or moby baby carrier, double stroller, new infant tub cuz I don't care for the one we have, clothes if #2 is a boy. (still keeping the single stroller though) I'm not worrying about a carseat for #2 until s/he outgrows the infant seat.

I may end up getting more bibs if I go back to work after #2, cuz I already feel like I don't have enough. If I stay home, I will have more time to do laundry so we'll see how that goes.

• ariel06ariel06 member
    Instead of another high chair I would do a booster seat with a tray.  I'm looking for a travel swing, so if I need to be doing something with DS1, DS2 can be contained.  If I can find a good deal on a bumbo, I might get one of those too.  I bought a couple more sleeping gowns for the early days too. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecrittermama:
    What about a second monitor? 

I forgot about this! Yes, definitely a second monitor, and you can usually get really good deals on those used!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imagelovemytwoboys:

My boys are 13.5 months apart. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about another highchair. We switched both of our boys to a booster seat around 11-12 months, and it worked out great! So DS1 was out of the highchair by the time DS2 needed it (or was even born!).

We bought a bath seat, similar to this ...

for DS2. We didn't have anything like this for DS1 (just an inflatable one). However, since we wanted to bathe both of the boys together once DS2 could sit up unassisted, the inflatable one would be too big, so this seat worked out great from the time he was about 5-10 months or so. So if you see something like this, I think it would be a good idea.

We really only got nursery furniture, double stroller, second Diaper Champ, new bedding, new nipples for bottles, new pacifiers, new teethers, etc. when DS2 came along ... so not many things you could get at a yard sale.

what is this brand called? I've been looking for something similar and haven't found anything. Thanks! 

Follow me at: Nell's Niche as I tackle working-at-home, raising babies, making my life a little more eco-friendly, organized, and healthy one sleep deprived day at a time! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"