North Dakota Babies

When did you/will you..

Pack your hospital bag?

Install the carseat?

Am I way behind on these things?  Everyone is acting like I should have done both of those weeks ago...

Re: When did you/will you..

• I packed my hospital bag around week 34 (thank god since LO was born week 35)...car seat was installed while I was at the hospital just in time for us to go home, I don't know why you need to have that done so soon.
  • I'll probably do this stuff shortly after my shower, since that's when I'll be getting the travel system and other items.  Since I don't know when that is, I don't know when it's getting done.  Ideally, I'd like to have it done by 35 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • I think I had both things done around 36-37 weeks, just in case K decided to come a little early. 

• We did both around week 36.  Thank goodness, since Miss K made her arrival just a week later.
  • We installed and got the carseat checked around 34 weeks and then last week we finished packing the bag for the hospital since the dr says he could come at anytime i could relax until those things were complete.
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I packed my bag around 36 weeks. I installed the carseat around 30 weeks I think. It was in my way in the house and I decided the best way to store it was in the car.
  • Hospital bag, car seat, and nursery decorations: My plan is to do all these things at/by 36 weeks. 

36 weeks is my 'OK, it could be any time now' time. haha. I'll probably go 42 weeks, knowing me, but better to be prepared.

I don't feel rushed to do these things in advance though. 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • I am going to pack my hospital bag this week sometime.  As for the car seat.  That probably won't get installed until I have the baby.
  • Pack your hospital bag?  I never had mine fully packed.  I figured if I packed it the baby would be late & if I didn't baby would come early & boyyyyy was I right.  It kinda sucked that I slept thru the early labor & didn't have time to completely finish packing & forgot a few essentials (IMO) but I survived.

Install the carseat?  Believe it or not, this was done about week 37.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"