Baby Names

Would this be ok?

DH and I both have names that start with a J.  We named DS, Jack after DH's brother that passed away.  So now we all have J names.  We really would like to have 3 kids total and love the names Cora for a girl and Jude for a boy.  DH said we can't use those though if we have another boy and a girl becuase Cora would be the only one without a J name.  What do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would this be ok?

• I think it would be fine. I also love the name Cora! What about having the middle name start with a J instead?
  • I'm confused....Jude starts with a J so why couldn't you use it? I love the name Cora but if you are all J already, I myself would lean towards another J. I would be afraid the child would feel left out one day...now that's just me. :-) I analyze way too many levels of a name.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemcmann05:
    I'm confused....Jude starts with a J so why couldn't you use it? I love the name Cora but if you are all J already, I myself would lean towards another J. I would be afraid the child would feel left out one day...now that's just me. :-) I analyze way too many levels of a name.

Exactly this. 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• imagemcmann05:
    I'm confused....Jude starts with a J so why couldn't you use it? I love the name Cora but if you are all J already, I myself would lean towards another J. I would be afraid the child would feel left out one day...now that's just me. :-) I analyze way too many levels of a name.

Yup! I agree!

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • imagebarrjn84:
    DH and I both have names that start with a J.  We named DS, Jack after DH's brother that passed away.  So now we all have J names.  We really would like to have 3 kids total and love the names Cora for a girl and Jude for a boy.  DH said we can't use those though if we have another boy and a girl becuase Cora would be the only one without a J name.  What do you think?

I would wait and see what you have next. If its a girl, go with Cora and then see what you have next, maybe another girl! If the next is a boy then go with what you like... you may find another J girl name you like or a boy name thats not a J... 

• If you have a girl and name her Cora, maybe she'll feel special that she's the only non-J instead of feeling left out?  Who knows!  My sis hates her name because it's Christmasy (Holly).  I don't think you can ever really imagine all scenarios of what a person will feel about their name.  But I wouldn't go with a J just because, pick what you like!
  • I think it would be fine
  • I think it would be weird if everyone had a j name in a family except one. I personally would try to find a girl j name I liked.
  • If anything I think you should try to not pick J names, but you should pick names you like 1st and foremost. 
  • I would definitely still use Cora. You would be eliminating so many great names by only using J names, and I don't think that Cora would really care if she's the only one with a J name. Cora is an awesome name, too!
  • imagemr&mrswelch:
    I think it would be weird if everyone had a j name in a family except one. I personally would try to find a girl j name I liked.

This. Me, my dad, and 2 brothers all have names that start with J's while my mom is Robin. While this is a little different, I always felt bad that it seemed like she didn't "quite fit" with the rest of us.

ETA: Although, if you name baby #2 without a J name, I would say not to go back to J's if you continue to have children after #2.

• imagemcmann05:

This. 

• MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    go with the name you both love the most.  if that happens to be cora, so be it.
  • Well, my daughter's name is Cora, so I say use that ;)

Unless you are a dugger, I am sure most people don't even notice those types of things.

We have 2 bio children, and one on the way - they are both "C" names - never even thought about it.

• I think it would be fine!
  • I think it's totally fine. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I would not use any more J names.  I don't like the over-the-top alliteration.
  • Name her Jcora.

Silent J obviously. 

• I think that it would be fine :) unless you have another name that starts with J that you like as much as Cora.  Otherwise, I'd go with what you love and not focus on initials.
  • imagesleepingbeauty825:

Name her Jcora.

Silent J obviously. 

LMAO :) Too funny.  Obviously! :)

• This is exactly what happened with the Duggars!! lol

Personally, I would decide to go one way or the other - either all J's or no more J's, so there's no potential for one feeling left out.

• I would be concerned she'd feel left out later. Perhaps a J name with mn Cora?  You could even call her by the mn.  Just an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"