Washington Babies

OMG So Scary!!! Holden Choked!!

I was up in my office working and my mom was downstairs watching Holden I was on a call with a client and she barged in my office and mouthed something but I couldnt make it out.  About 10 min later, after my call, I went downstairs to ask what happened to find my mom with Holden on the couch and he was barely breathing!  I took him from my mom and she told me that he choked on some apple he was eating as soon as I brought him into my arms he started throwing up, but it was all clear no apple and he was still really struggling to breathe.  (he wasnt turning blue or anything, it was just very labored breathing)  Just then Dh came home and he did the baby heimlich on him but that just made him throw up more clear liquid and he still wasnt breathing properly, poor little guy just had his boo boo lip out and was making little wimpering noises.  I tell dh that we're taking him to the Hospital NOW!   Luckily, as soon as I strapped him into his carseat he started gagging so I undid his carseat folded him forward and he threw up, a lot, and it was all apple!  I took him out of the car and he continued to throw up for a good minute.  As soon as he stopped I could instantly tell he was breathing normal again, and by the time we got back into the house he was giggling again!  Within a few minutes he was back to himself as if nothing had ever happened, meanwhile almost a half hour later and I'M still shaking...   

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch

Re: OMG So Scary!!! Holden Choked!!

• Oh my gosh how terrifying! I'm so glad he is okay! Hugs!
  • OMG!!!! How SCARY!! Jen- I'm glad he is ok! Take a deep breath and a huge glass of wine. Wow! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! So glad he is okay!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy crap!!  I'm so glad he's okay!!!

Yes, go drink wine.

• PS... god forbid that ever happens again, but if so... just call 911. They come to you and that is what they are trained to do. 
  • How scary! I'm so glad you all were able to figure it out. I'm glad he's ok.
  • imageindigo91804:
    PS... god forbid that ever happens again, but if so... just call 911. They come to you and that is what they are trained to do. 

Oh I definitely would have called 911 if he weren't breathing.  This was definitely scary, but i dont think it was immediately life threatening.  Plus my dh worked at a hospital and was actually the muscle that delt with choking patients and all the CPR cases that came in.  So I know he knew what he was doing.

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • That's good muscle to have around!
  • Scary is right! And I would still be shaking too! I am glad to hear that everyone is all right, and I hope you have a restful, quiet evening.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm glad that little guy is okay!  Hold him tight!
  • So scary!!!!  I'm so glad he's okay!
  • Holy crap!  Poor little man.  :(  I'm so glad he's alright!
  • imageindigo91804:
    PS... god forbid that ever happens again, but if so... just call 911. They come to you and that is what they are trained to do. 
    I was going to say that too. And tell your mom she can interrupt your call if your child is in trouble like that!! So scary that it was going on so long. I'm glad he's ok!!!!!
  • Choking is my nightmare....how scary! I think that's why I'm not pushing solids very much...thank goodness he's okay!
  • OMG how scary!!!  So glad everything is okay.  I would have had a massive panic attack, too.
  • OMG how scary! I'm so glad he was able to get it out and he is okay! I'm sure you were more than freaked out, I would be.
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Holy crap, I'm glad he's okay!  That would be so freaking scary.
  • Oh my gosh soooo scary! Glad he's okay!
  • KNemoKNemo member
    That is SO scary, Jen! I hope little man is feeling much better today.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• OMG Jen that would be so scary! Thank goodness all was ok with H and he was back to his happy self again quickly!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • I would have been terrified, I'm so glad he's okay!!!!
  • omg!  that is really scary - i'm glad he's ok!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"