Oregon Babies
Options

Places to breastfeed

My LO is one month old and I am starting to get out and about again.  I've breastfed in my car which is uncomfortable, I do not feel comfortable breastfeeding in public (although I have nothing against those who do!!).  I know Nordstroms has a great nursing lounge, do you know of any other places that are good places to breastffed?  Thanks!

Re: Places to breastfeed

• Options
    Babies 'R Us has a Mother's Lounge. Also, the bathroom located in the middle of Washington Square has a small, comfortable, curtained area on the women's side. Have you tried using an "Udder Cover?" Then you can feed anywhere more comfortably. It's like a giant apron. They work really well from my understanding though I haven't used one (since I exclusively pump). What type of places are you looking for that have an area you can breastfeed at?
  • Options
    I agree with the cover! I was hesitant to breastfeed in pubic at first with my son, and then I realized that it was just so much easier to just sit on a bench and cover myself instead of trying to find a secluded place. Most people look for a second, then realize what you're doing and then go about their business. And another thing that makes it more discreet in public are nursing shirts from Motherhood. They work wonders! HTH.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you happen to be there, Macy's has a great lounge attached to its bathroom and it's perfect for nursing.  Some public libraries have secluded areas/nooks where you can nurse undisturbed.  If I'm out somewhere, like a restaurant, and can't find a quiet, secluded place I'll just throw on a nursing cover or blanket.  I haven't been hassled or given any dirty looks when nursing in public; I think a lot of places in Oregon seem to be nursing-mom friendly.  HTH!
  • Options

A nursing cover is a good option. I personally HATE using them, but I have one in the diaper bag for "emergencies." It always seems in the way, and I feel like I'm wearing a big flag that says "HEY! I'M BREASTFEEDING!" lol.

I usually just find a quiet place. BFing isn't really as obvious as it seems; it looks like you are just holding a sleeping baby. A good tip is to wear a spaghetti strap tank with the straps a little loose under your outside shirt. Then you can lift up your shirt and pull the tank neckline down with your nursing bra flap. It minimizes skin showing and is actually quite discrete. I've nursed with DH not even realizing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No real advice to offer, but just wanted to add some support! I never felt comfortable NIP, even in nordys, it just felt so wierd for me. I nursed in my car alot, and in fitting rooms at the mall. Good luck to you!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love the nursing tanks from target and I use a hooter hider to feed my son in public.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"