North Carolina Babies

what are we doing wrong? (re:naps)

OMG!! Every weekend it is the same. I put him down for a nap 20-30 minutes later he is awake and screaming. He is clearly still tired but we usually just get him out of his crib. Today I tried to go in there and calm him down but he won't go back to sleep. The thing is that at the last 3 daycares he takes a 2-3 hour nap consistently. I need some nap help. TIA

Re: what are we doing wrong? (re:naps)

• Does he sleep in at all on the weekends since you don't have to get up early for jobs/daycare? Maybe he's getting enough sleep at night so he's not tired during the day?

Or, maybe it's just because he's off of his five-days-in-a-row routine. Could be that he's so used to being active at daycare and playing so much that he's tired there, but if he doesn't have the same stimulation at home he doesn't need his usual long nap.

IDK. Totally guessing since I don't have a LO myself, yet!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we had this trouble when we first moved in here......AT is so active at DC that he has to be wore out to lay down.

So thats what I started doing on my day off. I would take him to the park bf errands etc, or let him run around outside to his hearts content if I didnt have anything to do that morning. It worked, I just made sure I had a project outside....washing my car, planting, watering, etc.

We havent had a prob since. Its crazy but I just have to let him get all the energy out and he will sleep for at least 2 hrs. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice girls...tomorrow I'm going to take him to the park at 9:00 for at least an hour.  I try to keep him busy but maybe we are too boring. 
  • uncjules:

Does he sleep in at all on the weekends since you don't have to get up early for jobs/daycare? Maybe he's getting enough sleep at night so he's not tired during the day? Nope he wakes up between 6:30am-7am.

Or, maybe it's just because he's off of his five-days-in-a-row routine. Could be that he's so used to being active at daycare and playing so much that he's tired there, but if he doesn't have the same stimulation at home he doesn't need his usual long nap. This is very possible. 

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"