2. What were your worst jobs?

3. Tell me all the places you worked?  

4) What is on your bedside table?

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Some more Getting to Know You's

• Options
    IlumineIlumine member

1. What was your best job?

I was a Lobbyist for a National Military Association.  My job was both challenging (I made a DASD wince when he saw me coming) and fulfilling (I forced TRICARE to change its definition of a specific diagnosis so ADFMs could get coverage).

And I got to travel all over CONUS.  I love the diversity of our country. 

I was the secretary to a President of a HBCU University.  The difference in color was never a problem, HE was just a meglomaniac. 

I worked at Bob's Big Boy, as a lifeguard/swim instructor, Customer Service Rep at a Bank, as a contractor for TRICARE, as a Lobbyist, at the HBCU and my last job was a Patient Advocate for a national organization.

Lamp, cup, cell phone charger, Lanisoh (best stuff for dried lips and cuticles evah) and my kindle.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    imageIlumine:

one I am at now, a professional ballet company 

Petsmart? it wasn't even that bad, but I was 17 

a youth basketball league, petsmart, target, an intramural ref in college, and a number of dance studios 

a baby monitor, BCPs, remote, a lamp, and a gun...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Working as the Mental Health Therapist for homeless youth in a large metropolitan city. These youth really were some of the most hard-working, inspiring survivors I have ever met. I got much more from them than I could have ever given (Excuse the cheesy, but they really are amazing)

Actually, same as the best. The United States mental health system is in absolute shambles, particularly for the under-served population, and our agency could only afford one therapist for about 5,000 homeless youth. I was working 50-60 hours a week, and stopped taking very good care of myself, it was too stressful without any support. And, don't get me started on having to explain why children don't ever chose to live on the streets, working there really made my cynical about society, and made me realize how judgmental many people are without understanding a situation.  (Sorry this turned into a vent)

Daycare, lifeguard, residential treatment center for severely abused/neglected children

Lamp, wedding picture, alarm clock, kindle, DH's dog tags

• Options

1. What was your best job? My last job was the best. I worked for a denfense contractor and worked for the most laid back boss ever. If you didn't cause trouble for him he left you alone. After my maternity leave I went back 2-3 days per week and it was sweet. They had a gym, medical center and cafeteria all in the facility.

2. What were your worst jobs? Worst was definitely the YMCA. There was always so much drama there. It was like high school. Even when I taough one class a week there and was in the building for all of an hour and a half per week, there was drama.

3. Tell me all the places you worked?  This is a long list. I always had 2-3 PT jobs in college. Fabric store, local swim club, national guard,  "promotional model" (handing out free crap at events and shots in bars), gourmet deli, pub, several gyms, Eastern Mountain Sports, Army, YMCA, mortgage company and defense contractor.

4) What is on your bedside table? lamp and baby monitor.

• Options

Working for the United States Air Force.

2. What was your worst job.

Working at Jo Anns Fabrics. Customers were really cranky all the time and people like to cause trouble with expired coupons.

Dollar General, Jo Anns Fabrics, Sam's Club, Air Force

4. What is on your bedside table?

Nothing..

• Options

One of the best jobs I've had was as a working student for an Olympic dressage rider and her trainer husband. The work was hard but the benefits and the riding lessons were amazing (we lived on a resort and had a professional German chef make our dinner every night) I had to leave there when one of the horses broke my arm.

The worst job I had was for a Standardbred 'rehab' barn. The lady was nuts and took horrible care of the horses, she used me as a nanny more than anything else. I loved when we were at the trainers barn and the racetrack, but hated the lady, I moved after a month.

I've worked at 6 horse barns, as well as a freelance trainer and at Tim Hortons.

books, baby monitor, lamp, kleenex, bottle of water and the phone.

• Options
    1. What was your best job?I worked at the nation's largest children's literacy organization.  My last position there was as a literacy trainer for parents and childcare providers.  It was a fun job--I got to travel and help others.  It combined my background in early childhood education with my love of speaking.
    2. What were your worst jobs?ALL of my administrative jobs.  Admin work + undiagnosed ADHD = misery for all involved.   The psychiatrist who put me on Adderall gave me my life back.

3. Tell me all the places you worked?  The Gap (twice), Bible Camp (four awesome summers!), various daycares, Kindergarten teacher, various admin, library, education center on post. . .   4) What is on your bedside table?Its a mess.  We are still unpacking--video baby monitor (one of the BEST inventions EVER!), a book, an empty bottle of water, a wash cloth, cell phone charger, two or three tubes of lip stuff, Orange Sapphire body cream. . . can't remember what else.   
  • Options

SAHM. (most of the time LOL) I'm not sure it would be considered a job, but in my eyes it is more work than sitting at a desk all day!

I don't think I've ever had a horrible job.

Medicaid, Gold's Gym, Sportclips

Right now, nothing!! We are getting ready to move, so everything is put away!! 

• Options

Being  a preschool teacher

Walmart by far!

couple of fast food joints, walmart, and a preschool

glass of water,  Bible, Daily prayer book, whatever book  I'm currently reading, and an alarm clock.

• Options

1. What was your best job? Before being a SAHM, I have been a Dermatology Nurse Practitioner for 12 years. I adore my job and can't wait to get back to it.

2. What were your worst jobs? In college I worked 4 jobs to pay for it so that I didnt have loans. My Worst job ironically was in a daycare. I was young and so not cut out for it. I LOVED the kids, couldn't stand the parents.

3. Tell me all the places you worked? Gosh that would be a lot. In High school I waitressed and I was a lifeguard. In College I waitressed, Bartended, worked in the school bookstore doing purchase orders and worked in a daycare and a drive through specialty coffee shop, army reserves.  After graduation I worked in Infectious disease for ohhh 4 months (I wasnt down with handing out methadone). Then I worked in Naturopathic medicine with Autistic children while finishing up my derm studies. Thats it. 

4) What is on your bedside table?Cloth Diapers for the baby, toys for the baby, a bottle of water, my thyroid meds I take early in the morning, my cell phone, Tv remote, baby stuff (lotion, tylenol, qtips etc) and condoms (I have no idea why they are there).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"