Trying to Get Pregnant

First Response 6 Days Sooner

So I went in to CVS to buy some pregnancy tests. I know stilll too soon but I couldn't help myelf. I am def. a POASaholic. I noticed that there is now a First Respnose test for 6 DAYS SOONER! I bought it Embarrassed

I'm really shocked such a test exisists, considering when I was pregnant with DS #1 I took a preg. test two days sooner than my missed period and it came back negative.

::hangs head in shame::

Re: First Response 6 Days Sooner

• ::headdesk::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelovesmyboys:

So I went in to CVS to buy some pregnancy tests. I know stilll too soon but I couldn't help myelf. I am def. a POASaholic. I noticed that there is now a First Respnose test for 6 DAYS SOONER! I bought it Embarrassed

I'm really shocked such a test exisists, considering when I was pregnant with DS #1 I took a preg. test two days sooner than my missed period and it came back negative.

::hangs head in shame::

I am too! It takes everything in me to not just buy enough for every day. Ugh. 

• Loading the player...
  • Not to sound snarky, but doesn't first response run tv ads all the time for their 6 day sooner tests? Or am I missing something?
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I don't have cable Sad
  • imageHeather & Nayt:
    Not to sound snarky, but doesn't first response run tv ads all the time for their 6 day sooner tests? Or am I missing something?

I believe she's saying she's amazed by the tests saying they can now test x days sooner bc before they didn't. What I believe she fails to realize is the sensitivity of the test 6 days early is crap compared to 14dpo.  

• No test can turn positive until you have HCG in your system, some just detect less in your urine than others.  That's how they work.  

HPT Accuracy Results Percentages: (Based on a 25mIU sensitive test)
    10 dpo : 35%
    11 dpo : 51%
    12 dpo : 62%
    13 dpo : 68%
    14 dpo : 74%
    15 dpo : 80%
    16 dpo : 88%

17 dpo : 92% 

• imagetriciaj1:

imageHeather & Nayt:
    Not to sound snarky, but doesn't first response run tv ads all the time for their 6 day sooner tests? Or am I missing something?

I believe she's saying she's amazed by the tests saying they can now test x days sooner bc before they didn't. What I believe she fails to realize is the sensitivity of the test 6 days early is crap compared to 14dpo.  

I figured that, but I wasn't going to go there. I was going to let one of you lovely ladies handle that one! Stick out tongue

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am not failing to realize anything. I know perfectly well that the most accurate way to test for pregnancy is 14dpo. I was in fact stating that I don't believe 6 days sooner will be accurate and when I tested for DS the first time around with the 5 days sooner test that obviously was crap also because it came back negative.

I bought the test anyways because I have no impulse control when it comes to buying pregnancy testsEmbarrassed

• imagelovesmyboys:

I am not failing to realize anything. I know perfectly well that the most accurate way to test for pregnancy is 14dpo. I was in fact stating that I don't believe 6 days sooner will be accurate and when I tested for DS the first time around with the 5 days sooner test that obviously was crap also because it came back negative.

I bought the test anyways because I have no impulse control when it comes to buying pregnancy testsEmbarrassed

This is why I shop at the dollar store. In the unlikely event that I feel the need to pee early, I'll only be throwing a dollar away. Better odds than the Lottery.

• imagekdodge423:
    imagetriciaj1:

::headdesk::

::hands pillow::

It's one of those days.

::steals pillow to smother dumb girls with:: 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Why am I dumb? I understand exactly how the tests work and I understand the percentages of when accurate test  result will come back. I was merely posting about how I bought the test and let the "gimmick" on the cover get to me.

I also had a coupon so I wasn't wasting money.

• imagekerrbear72:
    imagekdodge423:
    imagetriciaj1:

::headdesk::

::hands pillow::

It's one of those days.

::steals pillow to smother dumb girls with:: 

LOL love you both..  

• I appreciate the snarkiness, I really do. I just want to make clear that I am not asking a question on accuracy of tests and so forth. I do understand all the facts about pregnancy tests and when you should take them. It was merely a post about how I bought the test based on emotion rather than logic.
  • imagelovesmyboys:
    I appreciate the snarkiness, I really do. I just want to make clear that I am not asking a question on accuracy of tests and so forth. I do understand all the facts about pregnancy tests and when you should take them. It was merely a post about how I bought the test based on emotion rather than logic.

I see where you're coming from.  Not sure why your post got so twisted!  Your positive hpt story is totally opposite from mine.  I did a $ store test at 10 dpo with DS and got a bfp.  Fortunately, the $ store near me only takes cash, which I no longer carry, so I only buy tests when I absolutely need to.  =)

• imagekdodge423:

You realize that the internet cheapies have the same sensitivity levels as those expensive ones with those claims, right?

If you insist on wasting money and resources by using them incessantly, at least save yourself a little money.

I bought 50 of the cheapie OPK and pregnancy tests and use them as much as I want with no guilt because i could use them all for the price of one of those expensive ones. This is for sure the way to go!

• imagerlcassell1:

No test can turn positive until you have HCG in your system, some just detect less in your urine than others.  That's how they work.  

HPT Accuracy Results Percentages: (Based on a 25mIU sensitive test)
    10 dpo : 35%
    11 dpo : 51%
    12 dpo : 62%
    13 dpo : 68%
    14 dpo : 74%
    15 dpo : 80%
    16 dpo : 88%

17 dpo : 92% 

I am just lurking.. but thank you for the information. I just went out and bought some pregnancy tests and I still have a week and a half until my 14 dpo.. I will being doing my best to wait until my *hopefully* missed period. Thank you.

Me-26, DH-29, Together since '99, Married 6-20-09, M/C @ 10 weeks '03, DS#1: 6, DS#2: Stillborn @ 39 weeks due to umbilical cord accident 5.29.11: TTC #3 ******************************* Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"