North Carolina Babies
Options

PSA: Aetna in negotiations with Novant Health facilities

If you or a dependent currently have Aetna insurance coverage and your medical facilities (hospital, pediatric office, ob/gyn, etc.) are a part of the Novant Health system your coverage may become out of network after June 30. The two comapnies are renegotiating their contract. the link below is to our local hospital but it gives an overview of what is going on and what to do if this will affect your coverage. Search for your medical offices to see if they are part of the Novant Health system.

https://www.rowan.org/default.aspx?rowan=263

Basically, if you are currently under the care of a Novant pyhsician (prenatal visits or other ongoing care) you need to fill out a "Transition of Care" form so that even if Aetna drops Novant your claims will be filed as in network for the remainder of your care.

If you are not currently under the care of someone still fill out the 90 day coverage form to keep your coverage while they are in negotiations.

Hope this helps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PSA: Aetna in negotiations with Novant Health facilities

• Options
    Thank you for posting this. I got a letter in the mail today that made my blood boil saying that Presby would be out of network and that's where my OB delivers (all this after I changed over a few months back). Needless to say, we are calling them this week to find out what we can do since we don't deliever until Dec. I can't believe they can change your coverage in the middle of the year and still charge you and arm and leg to even have it. (not a happy camper)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"